Elfire Stove siezed feeder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sputnik

Feb 4, 2024
Malta
I have just installed an Elfire Noa stove which I purchased from Italy. After a week of use, I started the stove in the morning and after a few minuites it displayed a NO PELLET alarm.
Dismantled the motor and found the auger blocked really hard. The feed motor was damaged- a steel gear lost two teeth.
Anyway bought a new gearbox and after a week the same thing happened. Broken steel Gear wheel. Removed the gearbox and the auger was siezed.
Now I will fit a shearpin and get a new gearbox.

This again happened in the morning at startup and the night before I switched it off fully loaded.

My theory is that the pellets in the packed auger dry up and are becoming hard baked with the heat.

When I removed the gearbox coupling i could not drive the shaft and I levered it back and forth until the pellets inside fell in the hearth.

The stove has a Kenta 1.5RPM gearbox and it should be quite strong.

Anybody come across such a situation????

Many thanks for any suggestion.