emype water treatment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frc00ny

Jan 13, 2016
malone ny
Where can i buy water treatment for my empyre elite that is approved by pro-fab?
How do i send in my water samples?
The dealer i bought my boiler from no longer handles pro-fab. But he did a terrible job setting my up with the info i needed and the materials to get started. After talking to a different dealer today it appears that i should have had water treatment included with the boiler.
Does the dealer provide sample bottles?
Am i supposed to pay for the testing?
How long does it take to get the results back?
I have been using the water treatment that my dealer sells with out knowing that Pro-fab required that it be their treatment.
I have been looking all over the internet trying to find this stuff but have not had much luck. Plus i don't want to blindly treat my boiler with out knowing how much to add and what type. I have softened water and it tests out at 7 from the tap for ph. I tested my boiler ph after filling post repair and it was slightly higher. but i can only test for ph and hardness i have no way of testing the nitrate levels.
I wish i had a local dealer, one that could provide the supplies i need with out having to order them on the internet. Also prompt local water testing for both maintenance and warranty purposes.

Can't the dealer you were talking to help you out?

If not - I would contact Profab.

Agreed, if the dealer sold you the boiler he is obligated to support the boiler. Look on your invoice you should have been charged for boiler treatment chemical and received a jug of it. Also a water treatment bottle and instructions should have come with the unit, testing is free but has to be sent to their lab, your warranty depends on it, so get it done.

Generic warning to all wood boiler owners, read your owner's manual and follow the instructions to a tee. Take ownership, the dealer can't help you if you fail to comply with simple instructions.

Last edited:
The dealer I talked to yesterday didn't have any in stock. He did promise to try to get some from profab, but he said he was having a hard time getting it too.
I would try profab but they are pretty busy and don't return emails. They don't even list it on their website. The service is good as long as you need technical info. The rest I guess would all depend on customer volume at the time you call.

I think I would say most of the questions you were asking would fall under 'technical info'. I think I would call Profab - if the water treatment is that critical & boiler specific, they should be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.