Endeavor vs. Liberty in Basement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigSkyGuy

Mar 5, 2020
Montana
Hello I am deciding between a Lopi Endeavor or a Liberty. Our house is fairly new (2006), 1500 sq feet in the basement (finished and insulated, ceiling is insulated in the main room where the stove will go) and 1500 sq feet above for a total of 3000 sq feet. I know the endeavor says it’s rates to 2k and the Liberty to 2500, however the BTU’s on the endeavor are higher so this has me confused. I’m hoping to keep the basement door open and with the wide 48” stairwell have heat get upstairs. We also have an hvac system as primary heat currently and will try circulating with the fan in the hvac. The chimney is already installed and is 28 3/4” away from a corner wall so i think they intended to have a straight install but I’m leaning towards getting a 5’ corner hearth and do an angle corner install so it will blow more towards the cold air intake. I also installed a hugger ceiling fan down there so hopefully that will help circulate air as well. It will be a 2020 model of either as that is what is now available at my local dealer although the liberty won’t be in for a little while.