Endurance 50- auger timeout- at wits end

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

spruce_goose

Apr 11, 2020
Maine
Howdy folks,

I am troubleshooting an auger timeout error code with the Fahrenheit Endurance 50 furnace.

Here's a run down of what's been confirmed / tried:
  • Error will appear seemingly at random, sometimes at start-up even.
  • The auger seems to operate fine, as viewed with rear cover removed
  • Blower operates
  • Hopper was cleaned to ensure no jam
  • Hi-limit switch was bypassed and error still occurred
  • The assumed culprit due to above was the control board (even emailed with folks at Fahrenheit to confirm).
So then:
  1. Installed new (expensive) control board today. Error immediately shows up. :(
  2. I DID notice that when I tried to 'prime' the auger, it didn't want to spin for a bit. But then later in the startup process it started operating fine. FWIW, the startup process is really slow with lots of vacuum pumping (but no vacuum error codes).
  3. I was able to run the machine on manual mode for a bit with no error, but I HAVE previously gotten the error on manual mode.
  4. When I tried to operate on thermostat mode (our typical configuration) it errored pretty quickly (the thermo might not have been calling for heat). It has worked before with the thermostat.
I'm pretty well stumped. I have a multi-meter and am willing to due some probing if anyone has some tips on what I need to probe. I also have a sledge hammer. I'm just not sure where to go from here.
Could the blower/limit switch still be the problem, even though I got the error with the hi-limit bypassed? Maybe I should be investigating the auger more since it didn't take to the prime button briefly this morning?
Appreciate any guidance.

I don't know your stove so I may be way off in left field
Do the pellets ignite when you start the stove?
How long after startup do you get the error code?
Pos. proof of fire sensor?

Well the error seems to happen without real predictability. I am feeling like it's linked to the thermostat somehow, like when it's not calling for heat it's causing the timeout. But like I said, really at a loss at this point.

I should look into the proof of fire more, thanks.

If you think the thermostat is involved, try jumping the thermostat connection at the board.

Reactions: Ssyko