engalnder 25-PDV - recesitation question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I just got a call from Gleason Avery. Their A901 Motor comes set for Clockwise Rotation looking at it from the front of the shaft. The lady said that for a time they would change them to be CCW so they would pop into the Englander stoves. However they now have an agreement with England Stove Works to NOT reverse them for their customer and to refer them to England Stove Works for Auger Motors for their stoves!!

Don,

you can reverse the auger rotation yourself. There's even a neat little GIF in this thread:

www.hearth.com/talk/threads/received-new-auger-motor-gleason-avery-a901-need-to-reverse-rotation.47549/#post-595579[/quote]

Thanks again Pete

Grainger has a new Dayton Pellet stove Motor :)
All set for CCW, but not sure if I want to spend $96.90
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/DAYTON-AC-Gearmotor-12W364?Pid=search

Still going thru the motions with the old MK
Soldered the connections and tightened up the female clip.
Now the top auger skips a beat. So the bottom auger gets less and less pellets
time to switch them

no CPM board will not run that stove. we use the same layout actually the board is generic to all of our stoves , its the PROM chip which determines what happens on each circuit

Hi Mike

I am missing something here.
If the PROM chip is on the CPM board then why will that board not run the 25-PDV?

Hi Mike

I am missing something here.
If the PROM chip is on the CPM board then why will that board not run the 25-PDV?
ALL the Englander stoves control boards have a PROM. PROM stands for "programmable read-only memory". The info is burned onto the chip, and stays there forever.....and cannot be changed.
Therefore, the info burned onto the chip for the 10-cpm can't be changed to work w/ your stove.

ALL the Englander stoves control boards have a PROM. PROM stands for "programmable read-only memory". The info is burned onto the chip, and stays there forever.....and cannot be changed.
Therefore, the info burned onto the chip for the 10-cpm can't be changed to work w/ your stove.

Yes, I understand that.
So if the 25-PDV has the same basic components as the 10 CPM then why can't the CPM board be wired to those same components. The additional components like the pot stirrer just will not be connected.

Why would that not work?

Yes, I understand that.
So if the 25-PDV has the same basic components as the 10 CPM then why can't the CPM board be wired to those same components. The additional components like the pot stirrer just will not be connected.

Why would that not work?

1. the 10-cpm also has a corn board that is wired to the main board
2. the 10-cpm board has a different air/fuel mixture programmed into it.
3. the 10-cpm is a 1 auger machine, while the PDV has 2
4. probably other things that are different that I don't know about.

You are selling the stove Don?? Correct? ?

Buying a Board takes away from thw bottom line. Why put a different board in it? Dont try and reinvent the wheel.

Also.... Way to many threads for basically the same topic. The same people are responding. Why not ask the question within the same thread? It is related? Thats what matters. You wouldn't have to post links back and forth from one thread to the next.

Just my 2 pennies. I will say it again, as I have before. Whether it be an ongoing install or a refurb on a unit. It is all related to that particular unit. So it shouod all be contained within one thread. That info is then all in one spot for someone to find in a search. Instead of being scattered across the Forum like Skittles dropped on the floor.. IMO.

My install threads have all hit multiple page #'s and lasted for weeks over the course of the install. Numerous questions were asked during them also. Its not a Blog, its a thread with Lots of info. Thats what this place is about. Finding info and EVERYTHING that may relate to it..... Just Sayin.

Do what you will. But having to click on 4 links within a post to find out all the info that you could have just written on that page? ? Its like running in circles. Maybe its just me?? No hard feelings Don. Just a whole lot of info that scattered everywhere. That should be contained a little more.

You are selling the stove Don?? Correct? ?

Buying a Board takes away from thw bottom line. Why put a different board in it? Dont try and reinvent the wheel.

Also.... Way to many threads for basically the same topic. The same people are responding. Why not ask the question within the same thread? It is related? Thats what matters. You wouldn't have to post links back and forth from one thread to the next.

Just my 2 pennies. I will say it again, as I have before. Whether it be an ongoing install or a refurb on a unit. It is all related to that particular unit. So it shouod all be contained within one thread. That info is then all in one spot for someone to find in a search. Instead of being scattered across the Forum like Skittles dropped on the floor.. IMO.

My install threads have all hit multiple page #'s and lasted for weeks over the course of the install. Numerous questions were asked during them also. Its not a Blog, its a thread with Lots of info. Thats what this place is about. Finding info and EVERYTHING that may relate to it..... Just Sayin.

Do what you will. But having to click on 4 links within a post to find out all the info that you could have just written on that page? ? Its like running in circles. Maybe its just me?? No hard feelings Don. Just a whole lot of info that scattered everywhere. That should be contained a little more.

The moderator does not want me to get to bloggy! Oh well

I was just trying to understand the technical aspects of running a diferent control board. Thanks Pete.

Just made a nice video of those NOISEY Merkle Korff auger motors in the Auger Thread.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...p-auger-motor-quits-after-long-warm-up.85404/

Yes, I understand that.

Why would that not work?

because the lower auger circuit on the board (rememeber same board same wiring layout) is not the lower auger circuit when in a CPM with that chip, it runs the mixer which runs intermittantly like your top auger runs in your stove with a cb04 chip in it. i think the mixup here is the board. we use the same integrated circuit board on all of our pellet and multifuel units, the difference is the PROM itself, i could take a 2005 pdv control board and wire it into a 2012 CPM multi fuel unit, it wouldnt work right because the board (meaning the chio cause its the brains) thinks its still running the 7 yr old PDV, now i pull the board and swap the chip out for a CPM chip and it would run a CPM perfectly. the board is just a "platform" the chip (PROM) is what "gives the orders" it tells the board what current and when to send to the individual motors

because the lower auger circuit on the board (rememeber same board same wiring layout) is not the lower auger circuit when in a CPM with that chip, it runs the mixer which runs intermittantly like your top auger runs in your stove with a cb04 chip in it. i think the mixup here is the board. we use the same integrated circuit board on all of our pellet and multifuel units, the difference is the PROM itself, i could take a 2005 pdv control board and wire it into a 2012 CPM multi fuel unit, it wouldnt work right because the board (meaning the chio cause its the brains) thinks its still running the 7 yr old PDV, now i pull the board and swap the chip out for a CPM chip and it would run a CPM perfectly. the board is just a "platform" the chip (PROM) is what "gives the orders" it tells the board what current and when to send to the individual motors

Thanks for explaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.