Englander 10cpm auger squeel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chris M

Oct 19, 2019
Bristol,Ct
Good morning,
Im new to this forum and want to say thank you for having me. I have read numerous threads which ha e helped me very much.
This is my 1st yr with an englander 10cpm which is 5 yrs old. It was well taken care of and given to me. Being me, I gave it a very good cleaning prior to bringing in the house. I also replaced the exaust and convection fans to be safe. Kept the originals as spares. I had a small Enviro prior to this that was 24yrs old.
Here are my questions. I noticed that the upper auger squeels quite loud when I first got it set up. In reading people said the graphite powder so I did this 5 days ago. Quieted the auger rite down. I would still hear the squeel once in a while but very low. This am I noticed the noise is back and again as best i can tell its the upper auger. Any suggestions for this or should I pull it and check or replace the motor. Its working with 0 issues except that squeel.
2nd question.. im new to this digital stuff as my stove was a dial fire type. It is set at factory setting and I have been playing with getting it all set correctly for air and burn. Are there any "best" setting or is this trial by error. Also the air wash thumping. Is there a way to shut that off. Stove is upstairs and when downstairs its kind of annoying.
Thank you in advance for the help and for allowing me to be here.