Englander 25 EP heat/blower adjustments.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jason Knapp

Burning Hunk
Dec 11, 2012
Poughkeepsie, NY
Here is another question for the Englander EP stove owners.
How effective are the higher heat and blower settings? I've only run the stove as high as 4/4. If I cranked it to 5/5 or 6/6, would I see a difference in the performance of the stove? I need a bit more out of it with the really cold temps we're expecting this week.

Right now my stove is set on 6/9. It's 5* outside and 73* in the house. My stove is heating 1500 sq. ft. and sits right at the bottom of my stairs going to the second floor. Bedroom at far end of second floor hallway is 68*. I'm sitting 3 feet away from the stove in just a pair of running shorts. Love my Englanders !!!:)

Reactions: Jason Knapp
I leave my convection blower on setting 9 regardless of the heat setting. Not the same stove as yours but something to think about.

x2 on the blower either being 8 or 9. My heat floats between 1-3 depending on the outside temp. I've never ran it for a prolonged time at 4+, I think I would die.

My house is not well insulated, and this morning the temps outside were 3 degrees. With the stove on 4/4, the house was 66 degrees. I have it on 6/6 and the temps are coming up a little bit.

Turn your blower speed up a couple notches. I've found with my EP that running the blower speed 2-3 above my heat range works best. More than that tends to cool the air too much, less makes the air hotter but doesn't move it as well. It's 2* here right now and I'm at 72* running 5/8.

I've now noted that my house is very leaky front door and rear slider - I run at 9/9 all night to keep at 64 degrees. Those who can heat a 1500 sq ft house with 15,000-20,000 BTUs/hr (the equivalent of 3-4 1500W space heaters) on a 10 degree day should consider yourselves blessed.

Last edited:
I leave mine on 9/9 all the time. I have it hooked up to a thermostat set at 70 degrees on the high/low setting, not off/on. When it gets below 70 the auger goes to the 9 setting and adds more pellets making a big flame. When the temp hits 70 it automatically goes down to low setting which I believe is 2, using less pellets. The convection blower stays on the 9 setting all the time. I really like this set up. It stays between 69 and 71 all the time. I just add pellets before work and before bed. I no longer play with the settings. I just let it do it's thing.

I've been running the stove on 6/6 all day. The house is toasty!
I guess my other question should be is, How many BTU is the 25 ep rated for? I've seen nothing about it on Englanders Web site.

This is a dead post... gonna hope for a response anyways...
I just installed a 25-EP in my living room and am wondering what others use for the advanced settings on the 25-ep. Mine is currently at factory settings of 1-4-1. I will be hooking it up to a thermostat in the next week or so and am wondering what I should have my settings be at for when it is in low mode within the High/Low Mode setting... any input??

Last edited:
Leave it there. I have tried other setting, (everyone want to play with them), and it's the best setting for heat and fuel consumption.