1. mfenmor

mfenmor
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 21, 2018
    Loc:
    NJ
    Hi all.
    I have a 2012 25-EP that has started eating pellets, like full bore auger with heat set at 3 and above. I cant seem to get any help from the idiot on the help line at Englander.
    I replaced the controller, the auger motor, and did the most thorough cleaning ever. New seals everywhere with no air leaks. All blowers work as they should. thermo couple is attached properly and registers temp.
    Did a hard reset.
    controller is set at 1,4,1 with the mode set at 2 for EP.
    it'll burn 40 pounds in 8 hours with heat set at 3.
    When it was running properly, it would burn 40 pounds in 24 hours with heat set at 3.
    Any ideas?

2. heat seeker

heat seeker
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 25, 2011
    Loc:
    Northern CT
    If you have a two-auger stove: Is the top auger starting and stopping, or is it running continuously?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mfenmor

mfenmor
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 21, 2018
    Loc:
    NJ
  4. heat seeker

heat seeker
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 25, 2011
    Loc:
    Northern CT
    Okay - is that one auger running constantly?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Shane1

Shane1
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 23, 2015
    Loc:
    Montgomery, New York
    Is the new auger motor the correct rpm? Are you running with a thermostat?

6. mfenmor

mfenmor
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 21, 2018
    Loc:
    NJ
    The auger is not running constantly. on heat setting 2 its on for 2 second~ and off for 5 second~. on heat setting 3 its on for 3 seconds and off for 3 seconds, roughly.
    the new motor is correct, 2 rpm cw.
    I used this link to set up.
    https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/2016-englander-pellet-stove-modes.164264/#post-2205068
    i set the mode to 2, for EP.
    today I set it to 3 for PAH which is a stove with lower output, and it seems to be working better. on heat setting 4, auger is on for 2 seconds and off for 5. Room blower doesn't run to full because of over heat now and there is not a giant fire in the pot.
    Hope this is my cure.

7. OhioBurner©

OhioBurner©
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 20, 2010
    Loc:
    Center of Ohio
    I may have to check what my PAH is set on... its always burned at a higher rate than advertised. Last couple times I measured showed about 18hrs on a 40lb bag. Though if I remember it was on 3, I checked it the first year I had it when I struggled with lots of issues. Usually its not so much a problem as I need the heat, but on the mild days in spring it may be nice to be able to go lower.