Englander 25 EPI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N.E S4

Nov 28, 2012
AM FM Energy has these reman for 1349.00 I really wanted the Harman P35i, but this is a great price.

If you have a 25 EPI please let me know what your like and dislike about the unit. My main concern is about the fan noise.

Likes.......puts out a lot of heat. (Now that its running)

Dislikes......Blower is very noisy at setting 7 and above. Also, QC on these units appears to be pretty dodgy. My new stove had auger jam after auger jam. Wouldn't run for more than 2-4 hours. I removed the motor and auger and found weld spatters inside the auger tube and the end of the auger flight all mashed up from hitting the weld. I ground and filed the auger just to get it working. Would I purchase an Englander for full price after this experience again............absolutely not. For the price above probably. That's pretty cheap and most likely, they got all the bugs out of it in the remanufacture process.

The really nice thing about the refurbs from AMFM is pretty much like sandman said....any "issues" will have been fixed by Mike H. & his Tech crew. They also test run the stove before it gets ready for shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.