Englander 25-PAH value?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Girl

Nov 12, 2011
NW Ontario
Been poking around looking into used stoves for supplemental/back-up. Came across an Englander 25-PAH used one season. What is a reasonable price? What are they new?

Thanks

Home Depot is currently advertising the 25-PAH locally (NJ) for $1549.00. AMFM energy has them listed at $1399.00

I think that (if it starts up & burns OK), I'd offer $800 cash.

They want $1,000 Cdn. Comes with OAK (still in plastic bag) so are likely one of those folks that had burn problems (OAK mandatory per manual). Doesn't look like its been cleaned either;lol

I think 800 is way too much, its still early to buy a used stove prices will drop is the coming months I've never paid more than 600 and that was for a harmonica that needed a new chain and cleaning I say keep looking

They want $1,000 Cdn. Comes with OAK (still in plastic bag) so are likely one of those folks that had burn problems (OAK mandatory per manual). Doesn't look like its been cleaned either;lol
Depends on how bad you want it. If "only if it's a good deal", then walk in with the $800 in cash....tough to turn down cash in front of you, IMO.

IMO, the $600 mentioned above is an insulting offer for a 1 yr old stove that they probably paid around $1500 for.

Depends on how bad you want it. If "only if it's a good deal", then walk in with the $800 in cash....tough to turn down cash in front of you, IMO.

IMO, the $600 mentioned above is an insulting offer for a 1 yr old stove that they probably paid around $1500 for.
the way I see it is after only a year the no longer want it here is the chance for a good deal most likely it was to time consuming for them either way they no longer want it its a OPPURTUNITY for a great deal just need to feel people out not insulting at all ( hope I explained my above mentioned statement)

Well, depending on where it was purchased, will depend on new price.

On AMFMENERGY, there $999.95 (refurb or factory second)

So asking $1,000 (Can) isn't out of line, but I am honestly with Doingitonadime. Everyone wants to get the best deal possible. And one never knows by asking. Start at $600 and work up from there. If they neglected the unit and it is choking on ash, they may not know what's wrong and just want to get rid of it?

Worth a shot. Used stoves go for roughly half of new, if your lucky, so a $1,200-$1,500 stove is $600-750 at best.

I'm selling my $2,800 Quad w/ $400 in parts for $1,200 and that's way less than 50% of original cost.

Shout out $600 and see what happens. Not hooking up the OAK? Sounds like they don't like to follow the rules anyways.

Reactions: doingitonadime
I paid 300 for 1200 cb ,because the dealer told them all they had to do was clean.ash pan once a month and pull the rod on the burn pot and its a 2008 so they gave up smoking out the house (frustration relief sale ) you just never know

Not sure what they go for in Canada originally so it may actually be 1/2 off as most merchandise seems to cost more here than in the States. Have to go to Winnipeg to bring one of our girls home for a visit so we'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.