Englander 25-pdv heating just...meh

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Carriet

Dec 24, 2021
Northampton, Pa
Somewhat newbie here so don't trash me if I sound stupid. Lol
Purchased a used 25-pdv and it worked amazingly for about a week (80°-88° on my main floor/ about 70° upstairs). Top auger died and service couldn't be scheduled until February. (This, for now, is my main source of heat until gas boiler can be replaced.) Did my research and replaced auger myself, which surprisingly, wasn't hard at all. Ran good for one day and convection blower died. Did more research and replaced that myself too (now THAT was a pain in the ass to do).
Replaced gasket too cause it was pretty jacked up.
Started up, ran through start up cycle, blower kicked on. Yay me.... BUT.... now it doesn't seem to be running as warm as before. I did a thorough cleaning when I got it apart(read all the posts here on what to do). It's decent in the house but it's also not as cold outside today either. And I did go out today to get the premium pellets as I thought that might be an issue.
Any clues on what I can try?
Any tips greatly appreciated!
And Merry Christmas to all!
Thx!!

Is the flame size the same as before when heat was great ??
Is the RPM for the auger motor the same as the one you replaced ?

Last edited:
Random thoughts: Are you running this on a thermostat? Are your heat / blower settings where you had them previously?
I'm assuming you removed power (unplugged) when you changed these motors out. Did the stove change programming mode? Should be mode 'C' I believe.

Eric