Englander 25-PDV, need speed control settings....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
Just got it installed, but will burn only 1 bag for testing and then will shut it off until pellets are available in quantity here in CT.
I want to keep the blower and feed with the lowest speed, is it a 1 and 1 for Heat Range and Blower Speed ?
I lowered it to 1 and 1 and it is not very quiet, little noisy...!!!! :-(

Geek, have you done the test run & the initial burn that the manual recommends? If not, you really should. The idea is to get the stove hot enough, for long enough, to burn off any traces of oil left on internal parts and to cure the paint so you really need to open some windows because it will smell.

1/1 is the lowest setting. Just a heads up, the blower speed should always be equal to or higher than the feed rate. Never lower.

thanks pegdot, the thing is that I bought this unit at HD, it is a returned unit and was told the previous customer tried it and returned it right away because they didn't like it.

I posted another thread on this and basically asked if the rise of the pipe is a contributor to the noise, the pipe right now goes straight out horizontally without any rise.

How noisy is yours, can you compare the noise level to something so I have an idea how noisy this stove is in reality without thinking there might be something wrong with the stove?

I really need feedback from people the same stove, how is yours installed? pipe? Does it have the air intake installed?

Thanks,,

I have the Englander pellet insert, and it's anything but quiet. I don't think you'll ever quiet it down, after awhile you'll get used to it............we did.

The pipe will help the stove draft better, but it won't make it quieter. It's just the nature of the Englander's. Just imagine sitting next to your furnace in the basement for a couple hours.....If you brought a regular furnace into your living space it wouldn't be quiet either......It's the same deal.

Some pellet stoves are going to vary in their noise levels, due to design, but they all have to make some noise to operate.

If you want quiet heat, you need a wood stove.

Arnold

I have an Englander. The auger makes a slight sound, but its more the blower that I hear. I run the blower on High (9) all of the time. I'd compare the noise level on high to that of a box-fan on high. I'd compare the auger sound to that of a an electric can opener, but quieter. I can't really hear the auger over the blower noise.

Noise is so subjective. I think we've done this here before but we can always try again....mine makes more noise than my clothes dryer but less than my dishwasher. About the amount of noise I'd expect out of any decent sized fan. Ours is in the dining room, adjacent to the living room, and we haven't had to adjust the volume on the TV but a click or two to cover the stove noise.

Since it's a returned unit you just might have a problem. I'd really recommend that you give the service department at Englander a call just to be certain. I don't know for certain but I bet they've listened to a stove over the phone before to determine if there's a problem. Nice guys. They'll do their best to help you figure this out.

BTW, I've run mine with and without the outside air kit. No difference in the noise level that I could see. My vent is one foot out the wall to a T then three feet up to an elbow then one foot out to the cap. Our stoves are basically the same I'm not 100% certain but I believe they use the same blower motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.