Englander 25 pdv room air blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeffl81

Jan 24, 2022
spokane wa
Hello. I just bought a Englander 25- pdv. Is there a way to add a extra air blower to get heated air going through the brass colored louvers on each side of the door? I had a older similar model, but it had a top exhaust. I remember it having more blower motors. I sold it because I didn't want to install a chimney pipe up through my shop roof.

I don't think there is a way to add another blower. It sounds like you're not happy with air flow from the Mfg motor. Check the fan blades on the stock fan to see if there is build up of dust on the fan blades. This can greatly reduce the fans efficiency. If so, scrape the dust build up off the fan blades with a screwdriver while holding a vacuum there to suck up the dust balls.

In theory, you could add your own fans in the louvered area, but there's nothing there from the factory. I've been toying with the idea, but too much other stuff on my "honey-do" list.

Eric

England does extensive testing. If faster airflow was OK there,it would have been done.Blowing air in there may cool the stove down too much,and you end up with problems.

I don't think there is a way to add another blower. It sounds like you're not happy with air flow from the Mfg motor. Check the fan blades on the stock fan to see if there is build up of dust on the fan blades. This can greatly reduce the fans efficiency. If so, scrape the dust build up off the fan blades with a screwdriver while holding a vacuum there to suck up the dust balls.
I will look at the blower, its very possible it needs cleaned. The older stove I had was a 25-PFS. It looks similar to the 25-PDV, but has more then one blower. That's why I assumed the the 25-PDV would have more then one blower.

England does extensive testing. If faster airflow was OK there,it would have been done.Blowing air in there may cool the stove down too much,and you end up with problems.
After reading some other posts. I can see that could be a problem. I have only had it going one day in my 30x40 shop with 16 feet walls. No stove will heat that thing well is my guess.

A late reply to Jeff's question ..
NO, there is no provision on an Englander 25 PDV for adding a fan to blow air out the side louvers.
In fact, the side louvers are part of the air path into the stove .. and they are uneccessary.
If you study the stove's construction you will notice the louvers admit air to a chamber which surrounds the firebox yet it has multiple voids on the inside mechanical space that connect to nothing.
With some extensive modification, something could be assembled to blow air outward from the louvers.

My guess is that Englander wanted to add a larger pellet hopper to the 25 PDVC stove design and the louvers were used as an accent trim to make the larger stove more appealing to a buyer's eye.