Englander 25 Pdv stop feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zarlator

Jan 4, 2017
Quebec
My Pdv keep starting and feeding, then shuts down.
I've had the E2 so l've looked into all sections.

I've Deassemble the back plate and find the air hose was damaged so I cut it and replace it properly.

II've look the augers move correctly and no wires was loose.

And now, it keeps failing after a fws with S d or 5 d.

It runs on 6 4 1.
Im open to suggestions 🙏

leaf blower trick is the best way to clean out the englanders. pull your combustion blower and clean it and the housing out. a long babby bottle brush to clean out the passages behind the impingment plate. a small hose to go into the passage and vacuum. it wont feed becaus it is not getting air through the stove

Reactions: Mt Bob
Air Intake /outake is clean.
Combustion fan is Rolling (the falco?)
Blower fan is pushing through
But still while in Startup (SU) the second auger stop. Feeding after a 15/20 min

Sounds like the control board is not receiving the proof of fire signal from the sensor on the heat exchanger. The stove thinks it failed to start and turns off the top auger. If you are handy, you can TEMPORARILY bypass that switch and see if the stove continues to run. Englander sells a replacement thermistor.

No worries…going from memory…if you go to the Englander website (heatredefined.com) and find the manual for your stove, page 22 i think shows the control board and various connections. The thermistor itself is mounted to the rear of the firebox. The thermistor usually has a higher resistance (about 12kohms I think), and as the thermistor gets warm, resistance decreases. Simply unplugging the thermistor wire from the control board should fool the board into thinking the fire is burning. I’d suggest giving Englander support a call first ti make sure I’m right…..I’m out at a tree farm right now with the family lol

OK thanks Daveman.
I still have the E 2 code. I've cut and replace both hoses.
Seems something else is at play....
Now it's the main auger that isn't giving pellet to the second one....

I'm going crazy..

I have cleaned the whole top auger.
Feeds better.

I have cleaned the blower.
Blow better.

But it keeps stop feeding after 15/20 minutes.
I'm looking at the vacuum switch or the thermal switch.

Any ideas/advices?

Could be either, but if it goes through the start sequence,I would say the thermal sensor. Follow the wires to it,it should be screwed to the back of the firebox. It might even be loose. But remove, sand it and the stove where it hits, so it is clean. This promotes heat transfer. Then try stove.

Reactions: Zarlator
Thanks Mt Bob.
It is my next guess.
Seems the insulation is out.
I cannot unplug the screw by hand but. I will try it. Asap I manage to remove it

Thanks MtBob.
I finally were able to removed it.
It was screwed like hell.
Didn't seemed damage.
Will clean, reput in place and retry.