Englander 25-pdvc/55-shp10 top auger not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Churilla

May 14, 2013
pittsburgh PA
Bought this stove used over the summer and installed it and did a test burn for 1/2 hr and it seemed to work fine. Made a slight change in it's location this past week--went to fire it up and the top auger would not work. If you put power directly to the auger motor --it turns. Nothing locking it up in the cylinder--it spins. I ran the wire from the vac switch straight to the circuit board to bypass it--but still nothing. Any suggestions? I plan on calling cust service on Monday--but would like to see if I can figure it out.

Mike is known to show up here on Sundays. Good luck

There's two vacuum switches, you sure you jumped the correct one?
I followed the wire from the top auger motor to the switch--pulled it. Followed the other wire from the switch to the circuit board -- pulled that one and replaced it with the 1st one to bypass the switch. Checked the vacuum line going to the switch and it looked OK. Right so far I think?

Also check the hopper door switch.

Sorry Ed, I didn't quit follow your post...long week...lol

Essentially what you need to do is remove the wires from the switch and jump them together. Just remember the orientation of the wires on the switch when you place them back on.

Sorry Ed, I didn't quit follow your post...long week...lol

Essentially what you need to do is remove the wires from the switch and jump them together. Just remember the orientation of the wires on the switch when you place them back on.

That would pretty much be what I did --I plan on talking to CS today and see if they can help. I'll also ask about the door switch as suggested--

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.