Englander 25-PDVC another low heat issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CRR-VINNY

Feb 3, 2024
usa
I been having low heat issues and been troubleshooting for weeks and still not 100% working. So far I cleaned everything quite good etc heat exchange, both blowers, flu and whole inside even behind plate. I changed upper auger motor and all seals. Originally I was getting low heat form one side and cleaning the bloer helped with that issue and now it seems to be getting hotter and on both sides.

Now it seems like the issue is the pellets seems to not be feeding enough to keep the flame going no matter what setting I keep the heat range setting at. I have the default settings to D 6-4-1. Now if i raise the heat range to 4,5,6,7 the pellets still intermediately can't keep up with the flame. Should I try to set the default to 6-5-1 to test?

I also noticed the upper auger I changed is turning in the opposite direction of the bottom auger bottom auger is turning counter clock wise and top clockwise. does this sound right?

thoughts?

PS pulled motor and reversed it and both turning counter clockwise...(looking from front) and retesting system...

Last edited:
@CRR-VINNY

When I replaced my auger motors 3 years ago, there was a note included in the motor kit that warned about the need to verify proper operation and direction of the auger motor(s).
If memory serves correctly, you can reverse the operation of the auger motor.
Here is one way to perform this:

Good luck!

-BobC

Reactions: ericofmaine and ARC
For future reference and for anybody that stumbles upon this post, factory specs for both motors are 1 RPM CCW. EICBOB has you on the right track.

Eric

Reactions: eicbob and ARC
@CRR-VINNY

When I replaced my auger motors 3 years ago, there was a note included in the motor kit that warned about the need to verify proper operation and direction of the auger motor(s).
If memory serves correctly, you can reverse the operation of the auger motor.
Here is one way to perform this:

Good luck!

-BobC
Thank, that was one of my issues the motors are reversible...My issue with low heat was a dirty blower squirrel cage....Maintenance keeps these stoves going :)

Reactions: eicbob
PS pulled motor and reversed it and both turning counter clockwise...(looking from front) and retesting system...
I missed this bit on my phone this morning, I am glad you were able to get them running in the correct direction.
(I hate trying to reply via the phone)
Cheers!

-BobC

Reactions: ARC
Englanders must be kept clean or they dont run right. leaf blower trick is all i ever use on them

In addition, if the PDVC is like my PDV, Englander put a screen over the room air blower that can become coated in dust and pet hair. I end up having to clean mine 2 to 3 times a year.

Eric