Englander 25-pdvc heat output temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nitsud88

Dec 31, 2017
Pennsylvania
as title states im wondering what other's are getting for the output air temp. stove has been on for roughly 8 hrs lower settings 5-4-1 set at 6-7 and the temp i got from the the left vent (above door latch) was 130 at best. oak installed,stove is from 2014 purchased new factory 2nd in September from amfm stoves, using instant heat premium wood pellets north eastern pa. stove struggles to keep house 60-65 old house new windows not insulated well house is 25x25 2 stories trying to use stove to heat just living room and foyer so about half of one floor. baffle plate is flat against back wall clean after each use. have only burned maybe 10 bags of pellets. tried 4-6-1 amd 6-4-1 didn't seem to make much diff any info helps thanks

Im using Douglas fir pellets I'm getting 150 on lowest setting seen over 200 on higher settings. Not sure how exact. I just stick a digital meat thermometer flush with the vents
I’m getting 365deg out of the holes above the Door. Your plate should lean against the front above the door centered on the burn pot

im not getting any where close to those temps even on higher settings ill have to adjust the baffle plate, thought i read it was supposed to stand flush against back wall but i could have miss read. ill try that and get back with results

im not getting any where close to those temps even on higher settings ill have to adjust the baffle plate, thought i read it was supposed to stand flush against back wall but i could have miss read. ill try that and get back with results
I’m running a PDV I should add though which is your stoves big brother. I’m actually having some issues with it shutting down right now . Trying to figure that out.

Leave your bottom 3 at 6 4 1 for now, at any setting above 2 they have no influence on the burn. Your impingement plte it supposed to be flat against the back wall like the manual states. Your temps are going to vary by brand of pellets. You can adjust the plate in the bottom of the hopper to allow more pellets to get in the auger. Give that a try and see if it helps

Leave your bottom 3 at 6 4 1 for now, at any setting above 2 they have no influence on the burn. Your impingement plte it supposed to be flat against the back wall like the manual states. Your temps are going to vary by brand of pellets. You can adjust the plate in the bottom of the hopper to allow more pellets to get in the auger. Give that a try and see if it helps
Ssyko no to disagree here but aleast in my stove the plat sits on two tabs directly above the burn pot and leans to the front of the stove on the PDV and PDVC.

Ssyko no to disagree here but aleast in my stove the plat sits on two tabs directly above the burn pot and leans to the front of the stove on the PDV and PDVC.
There is a hook on the back of the plate which hooks on the ledge above the burn pot. The plate essentially hangs there, the two tabs at the bottom keep the bottom of the plate from moving forward.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

EBFEC62F-A881-407C-AF69-D3B8356C53D2.jpeg
69634E39-7618-457E-9DF3-0A6792360559.jpeg
Mine is a 2006 they may have changed it. I never looked at anew one in the store.

Attachments

• 6DBB8DD6-BDA1-486E-A7F5-0F56C1F66899.jpeg
    6DBB8DD6-BDA1-486E-A7F5-0F56C1F66899.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 160
Lol im marking that one down ;)

Hmmmmm looks like i gotta go get more steel plate.

Hmmmmm looks like i gotta go get more steel plate.
i have the older version i take it, email tag with englander. mine is supposed to sit flat against the back wall not lean forward. i have tried some walmart pellets, amd some from tractor supply, dont recall the brand names but didn't see any differences. hopper is full at the moment, ill try to adjust the plate when its lower. maybe ill try c mode and see if that helps. has to be something, sure my house is old. but its 24x24 and im only trying to heat half the main floor just for comfort. i can easily sit 2 feet away from stove on highest setting and not get hot. disappointed to say the least so far.

Attachments

• 20180116_114506.jpg
    20180116_114506.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 182
I just purchased mine a week ago and the plate hangs vertically against the back wall as well. I'll look up the build date and check the output temp when I get home.

My plate does not slide all the way down and fit into the tabs though, it hovers while hanging off the back and the tabs barely hold it in.

mine manufactured date is 2014 checked the auger plate it was all the way open. these are the pellets i use also.

Attachments

• 20180116_151506.jpg
    20180116_151506.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 132
the auger feed plate
For what it’s worth I could never get the hardwood pellets to burn right or get any amount of heat out of them. I switched to 100% softwood and will never go back to hard . They burn much hotter and less ash. As far as the plate , I wonder if the pdvc plate is different then the pdv plate. Bottom line try some different pellets. They are different

For what it’s worth I could never get the hardwood pellets to burn right or get any amount of heat out of them. I switched to 100% softwood and will never go back to hard . They burn much hotter and less ash. As far as the plate , I wonder if the pdvc plate is different then the pdv plate. Bottom line try some different pellets. They are different
thanks for the tip ill have to shop around see if i can find some soft wood. seems like all i see are hard wood

Checked mine out using an infrared thermometer and it read 290-300 degrees when pointed at the holes above the door. Running at a setting of 3-9 burning Stove Chows.

And FWIW...my model year doesn't have any tabs to hold the impingement plate.

update, burning for 2.5 hrs settings 6-8 and 6-3-1 with different pellets, barefoot pellets. still not much help almost 140 out the vent. tried settings 5-4-1 lastnight. barefoot pellets same results.

Attachments

• 20180117_084238.jpg
    20180117_084238.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 20180117_084304.jpg
    20180117_084304.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 164
The bottom 3 numbers are only applicable to heat settings 1&2. Once your above they have no effect.

Have you blocked off the holes under the burn plate? When you get a good busy flame you get good heat.;)