Englander 25-PDVC Overheat ? (No error)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

2muchinvested

Dec 24, 2022
Maine
So this one has me baffled. I will try to be brief, but I have had a lot of trouble with this stove in the 10 years of owning it. Lots of failed auger motors. Failed fans. etc. But this one has me stumped. On setting 5 - 9 and under the stove Burns absolutely awesome. Had a very thorough cleaning very recently. But when I bump it to 6-9 or higher.... The top auger stops feeding. I have a brand new auger ready to go so I hooked it up. Same problem. I have bypassed both vacuum switches to make sure one of them wasn't bad. No change. Last week I installed a new temperature sensor. No change. So I thought maybe the control board was going bad and thinking the stove was too hot when it wasn't. But I can't seem to bypass the temperature sensor. With the old sensor I stripped the wires doing them together and reattached it but that does not work. Any advice would be awesome !! It is currently quite cold outside, and I would like to run my stove on a higher setting. I have always run it on 9-9 when it's super cold. The stove has also always been in D mode. For the heck of it about an hour ago I switched it to Mode C. Too soon to know if that changes anything...

I failed to mention when the top auger stops feeding pellets it is temporary. Sometimes it will start working again and the fire will not go out. But other times the fire does go out and then it just continuously feeds pellets and overflows the burn pot.

Update. C mode made no difference. 6-9 top auger stopped feeding after about 15 minutes. Fire went out almost completely. I had to toss a handful of pellets in to keep in lit. A few minutes later, it started feeding again. Presumably after it cooled down. Auger itself isn't hot. My assumption is the temp sensor is telling the board it's too hot and to stop feeding ??.... But why ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
So this one has me baffled. I will try to be brief, but I have had a lot of trouble with this stove in the 10 years of owning it. Lots of failed auger motors. Failed fans. etc. But this one has me stumped. On setting 5 - 9 and under the stove Burns absolutely awesome. Had a very thorough cleaning very recently. But when I bump it to 6-9 or higher.... The top auger stops feeding. I have a brand new auger ready to go so I hooked it up. Same problem. I have bypassed both vacuum switches to make sure one of them wasn't bad. No change. Last week I installed a new temperature sensor. No change. So I thought maybe the control board was going bad and thinking the stove was too hot when it wasn't. But I can't seem to bypass the temperature sensor. With the old sensor I stripped the wires doing them together and reattached it but that does not work. Any advice would be awesome !! It is currently quite cold outside, and I would like to run my stove on a higher setting. I have always run it on 9-9 when it's super cold. The stove has also always been in D mode. For the heck of it about an hour ago I switched it to Mode C. Too soon to know if that changes anything...

I failed to mention when the top auger stops feeding pellets it is temporary. Sometimes it will start working again and the fire will not go out. But other times the fire does go out and then it just continuously feeds pellets and overflows the burn pot.

Update. C mode made no difference. 6-9 top auger stopped feeding after about 15 minutes. Fire went out almost completely. I had to toss a handful of pellets in to keep in lit. A few minutes later, it started feeding again. Presumably after it cooled down. Auger itself isn't hot. My assumption is the temp sensor is telling the board it's too hot and to stop feeding ??.... But why ?

Thanks in advance
Replaced the Impingement plate... Problem remains. I am guessing the control board is bad. And I'm done throwing money into this dreadful stove.