Englander 25pdv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alack1377

Apr 26, 2016
i just recently purchased an Englander 25dpv. It was built in 2006. When I first got it, after "start up" cycle was complete...it wouldn't feed enough pellets to keep itself going. So I read up a bit(on this site actually) and found how to reprogram the control board. I've done that twice now(only because first time was the same result), it burns constantly, and with the same amount of flame and what seems to be the same amount of air, no matter what setting I have the heat and blower on. At this point, I set it to "C". The bottom 3 buttons are 6.4.1, but whether I have the main controls on 1.1 or 9.9, I get the same amount of heat. Which seems to me more like it would be on a setting of like 1 or 2? And I don't know if it's helpful, but the pellets, once burned, turn into kind of a crust in burn pot? Any help would be awesome. Thank you from the newbie.

I'm of limited help on the England stoves having never operated one but, from what I have read, many users will set the blower higher than the heat level for the highest heat recovery. ie 5 for heat and 7 to 9 for room blower. I think the lower 3 number settings are only relevant for the lower heat settings.

What pellets are you using? Wood fiber used, length effect burn and heat production. There are some brands out there that are an absolute waste of money as far as heat production.

Have you checked the auger flights, timing? Confirmed vac lines are undamaged so vac switches are functioning properly? Is it set up on a thermostat? If not, is the wire in place between the thermostat terminals?
http://www.heatredefined.com/support/troubleshooting-guide/feed-rate-thermostat-problems

I'm of limited help on the England stoves having never operated one but, from what I have read, many users will set the blower higher than the heat level for the highest heat recovery. ie 5 for heat and 7 to 9 for room blower. I think the lower 3 number settings are only relevant for the lower heat settings.

What pellets are you using? Wood fiber used, length effect burn and heat production. There are some brands out there that are an absolute waste of money as far as heat production.

Have you checked the auger flights, timing? Confirmed vac lines are undamaged so vac switches are functioning properly? Is it set up on a thermostat? If not, is the wire in place between the thermostat terminals?
http://www.heatredefined.com/support/troubleshooting-guide/feed-rate-thermostat-problems
I did find that someone previous to myself had a thermostat hooked up. When they removed the stove, they just cut the wires. So I jumped them together and seems to be running much better. I'm going to reprogram it again when I get out of work tonight.
As for your other questions...I plan to do a full cleaning, greesing and whatever other maintenance is suggested as soon as the temperature goes up a bit. We were up near 80 a week or so ago....now back to 28-30 at night. I pulled my Vermont Castings wood stove out, to put this in for now, as I need to have all the gaskets replaced on it. And hoping to find an inexpensive blower for it. I want to actually put the pellet stove in my basement come fall. That way I will have a good constant heat source....other than propane. Then I will reinstall the wood stove on the main floor.
Thank you for your ideas. I'm sure I'll have more questions when it comes time for cleaning. This site is extremely helpful!!

X2
If the jumper is not on the T-stat screw terminals on the back of the control panel in the lower right corner then the stove will burn on the Low setting no matter what the heat level is set to.
See bare jumper wire in pic below.
Click pic to enlarge:

Attachments

• Englander 25pdv
    image.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 163
Status
Not open for further replies.