Englander 25pdve /55shp22e dual blower mod

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

knuckleduster271

Oct 25, 2019
Ohio
So I bought this 55shpe pellet stove to heat my game room above my shop.
The room air blower didnt really do much at all circulating the air- I took it apart and cleaned it- still didn't work very well- it absolutely did not hold a candle to my very early model (1993) 25pdv that I use as my sole source of heat in the house. The air really moves on it as it has dual room air blowers on the right and left side of the stove.
I noticed a cutout on the 55shpe on the left side of the stove and enough space to add a secondary blower.
I purchased a dayton model # 1tdp5 and it fit perfectly.
I became familiar with this model of blower motor as I used it to replace the ones on my 25-pdv when they bit the Dust.
What sold me on these motors were that they are made with a sealed roller bearing versus the factory ones that just have a bushing which is what failed on both of the ones I had to replace.
Also did I mention they're much cheaper?
Amazon product ASIN B00DSMEQX4So I went to work marking where I needed to drill holes to mount the blower, smeared some high temp RTV around the housing and mounted it using self tapping screws.
I then branched into the wiring for the existing blower- I don't know that it really matters much but I mounted the black wire coming off of the Dayton blower to the black wire very top, first terminal of the control panel which goes to the existing blower, I then mounted the white wire from the Dayton blower to the very top second terminal existing blower wire on the control panel.
When doing this I used heat shrink butt connectors- basically just branching two wires in one end of the connector and then the other end going to the single wire that pushes onto the control panel
The difference this made in the performance of the stove is phenomenal- definitely worth the price of the blower and a few electrical connectors.
One thing I am going to do is make a deflector two kind of channel the air blowing out of the front of the stove upwards- it seems to work fine and it's blowing plenty of hot air but I think if I reroute the air flow upwards that it will perform even better.
The second picture I posted is of the original blower on the stove it is much larger in size but does not move anywhere near the air the Dayton unit does

Attachments

• 20191025_145057.jpg
    20191025_145057.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 20191025_145105.jpg
    20191025_145105.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 20191025_152513.jpg
    20191025_152513.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Be mindfull of amprage draw over 2.0amp it will take out the control board and possibly the programming on the Plc

Reactions: knuckleduster271
Be mindfull of amprage draw over 2.0amp it will take out the control board and possibly the programming on the Plc
I didn't figure it would be much of an issue as my stove in the house has dual blowers and it utilizes the same control panel as the one I did this mod on.

It might not bother at all. But the old boards were more robust in their design and components. 2005 and up are not quite as forgiving. I hope it works for ya, Lord knows I've built a few frankenstoves lol

Reactions: knuckleduster271