Englander 55-TRPIP Troubleshooting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

born2ride

Jan 8, 2022
NJ
I have been getting an error code of E2 which is failure to light i believe. The issue is the stove lights ,i come back 10 -20 mins later stove is out but the stove is also very hot to touch like its been on for awhile. I am confused on the E2 . I have cleaned flue, the stove, also removed back to plates , beat with rubber hammer as directed, cleaned ash pot and reset of stove. I have ran through the diag on board , blowers come on, igniter get hot , auger turn and fills pot. I am kind at a loss. I can light stove manually and it stays on and works normal.

lastly separate issue, I am using easy blaze. with in one day the pot is full and pellets over flow and create bad burn. I have used this stove for 4 years and this is not normal.

I can't comment on your over full burn pot. As for your other problem, while I'm not familiar with this particular stove, it seems as though maybe your temperature sensor may not be working. On my two englanders, its a sensor that attaches to the back of the firebox on one end and the control board on the other, the wiring is protected by a white cloth like material. This is your proof of fire and if it isn't working the stove will go through startup and lite / get hot. The board won't see it, however, and will shut down because it thinks there was a failure to lite.

Eric

Reactions: born2ride
I can't comment on your over full burn pot. As for your other problem, while I'm not familiar with this particular stove, it seems as though maybe your temperature sensor may not be working. On my two englanders, its a sensor that attaches to the back of the firebox on one end and the control board on the other, the wiring is protected by a white cloth like material. This is your proof of fire and if it isn't working the stove will go through startup and lite / get hot. The board won't see it, however, and will shut down because it thinks there was a failure to lite.

Eric
I will look in to that. thank you

I have this stove for a while now . I do not remember the pot filling up like this with in 7 hours. You can see the pellets bouncing out, I was think to drill out any holes in pot that may not be correct size

IMG_1778.jpg

Reactions: ericofmaine
That's always a good idea. I don't know that I'd worry about any holes around the top as they seem to be more for air wash.

Eric