1. Kevin1024

Kevin1024
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 31, 2016
    Loc:
    WOOD
    Hi Guys:

Trying to decide between the two. Don't see a lot of info on the CB120 Smart Stove. Thoughts on either or both of these stoves CB120 vs 10-CPM multi fuel. Both Englanders. Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Lake Girl

Lake Girl
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2011
    Loc:
    NW Ontario
    May want to search using the box top right to find CB120 owners/comments. Could send them a private message (click on their name and a new box will show up that has "Start a conversation") I know they are out there just don't seem to see many here ... maybe a good thing as that may mean few troubles;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 14, 2006
    Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    may not see too many CB-120 owners yet the unit just came out this year. it is a stove that I have a pretty good grasp of as its the first ESW offering that I was actually on the design team for

railfanron and Lake Girl like this.
  4. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
    So is it great? Better than the 10cpm in your opinion?

5. 3650

Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 8, 2011
    Loc:
    midwest
    They don't even have it listed on their website.

6. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 14, 2006
    Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    I like it, am seriously considering pulling my PAH at home and dropping the 120 in

7. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 14, 2006
    Loc:
    madison hgts. va

its a Lowes exclusive , it will be on their site

8. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
    No luck. Can't find it at lowes or Englander site? Any links?

9. Lake Girl

Lake Girl
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2011
    Loc:
    NW Ontario
  10. MCPO

MCPO
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 1, 2008
    Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    I would think he should have been satisfied that he received a new stove ,especially after reading so many other horror related stories .
    Refunding the cost of pellets used would be going above and beyond any reasonable norm. After all , the user had to benefit from some of the heat from 2-3 tons of fuel.

11. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    Best part is he burned the good pellets Lowe's sells, wonder what that was !!!

12. BUBIBEAR

BUBIBEAR
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 18, 2010
    Loc:
    central maine
    I bought this same stove in September of last year. I had a problem with the convection blower , Called Englander and they replaced the blower. I later received a call asking if the new blower had solved the problem . I have this in my cellar .I know they tell people that cellars are not the best place for pellet stoves . But I've had no problems with this stove .Tons of heat . I did receive the upgraded burnpot and ignitor . All I can say about this stove ,is the highest heat range I've used is 4 . Keeps the place very comfortable .GETS FIVE STARS FROM ME.

stoveguy2esw likes this.
  13. Lake Girl

Lake Girl
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2011
    Loc:
    NW Ontario
    And therein may lay part of the problem ... what pellets did he use the previous year? Switch to Lowe's pellets, likely inferior to what he burned previously, and burned more. What a surprise!!!

14. EnglanderandHunstman

EnglanderandHunstman
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 26, 2017
    Loc:
    Southern Rhode Island

I just got one of these delivered today. What was the issue with the convection blower? I am noticing the side of the stove is getting very hot but not tossing super hot air. Its still breaking in so Ill give it some time to get loose today. Just curious what your convection issue was and how you realized that is what it was

15. BUBIBEAR

BUBIBEAR
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 18, 2010
    Loc:
    central maine
    Not a convection issue ,blower as damaged in shipping . Follow the instruction .This is a real good stove .Lots of heat and easy to operate .

16. Indiana

Indiana
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 5, 2010
    Loc:
    Earth
    I have a 10cpm. Been heating my 2400 sf colonial for 9 years with it. Any issues i have had have been operator error.