Englander On/Off Mode Cycling Rate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Taillon27

Jun 9, 2018
Albany Area, NY
I have a 25-EP from ESW and was wondering what others thought in terms of how many cycles per day is too many for on/off mode on an englander stove before turning it to high/low. I have a 2.25 degree swing setting set up right now and am wondering if I am overusing my igniter.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overusing your igniter is a relative thing.If you do not mind buying a new one,and paying to have it installed,do whatever you want.Personally,if my stove kicks on(thermostat)within 3 hours(means outside temps are cold,or/and wind) I change stove to stay on,hi temp/lo temp low burn,maintenance mode,whatever mode your stove has.4 to 6 relights a day is not that hard,on high quality igniters,but,twice an hour is not good.