Englander PD25 pellet stove upper auger not turning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jsvede

Dec 8, 2019
Orange county ny
Unusual problem. I've had this pellet stove for 15 years now. Over the years, I have replaced most motors, fans, etc. The upper auger does not turn while the stove is in startup mode if the pof switch is jumped. if it is not jumped, the upper auger turns, but the fan will not come on if the pof switch is not jumped. Vacuum switch is out of the loop right now, so i know that's not the problem. Upper Auger will spin if on button is pushed while pof switch is jumped. Control Board? If so, time for a new stove, I guess.

Yes it sounds like your board has a failed. What is the complete model number of your stove?

Unusual problem. I've had this pellet stove for 15 years now. Over the years, I have replaced most motors, fans, etc. The upper auger does not turn while the stove is in startup mode if the pof switch is jumped. if it is not jumped, the upper auger turns, but the fan will not come on if the pof switch is not jumped. Vacuum switch is out of the loop right now, so i know that's not the problem. Upper Auger will spin if on button is pushed while pof switch is jumped. Control Board? If so, time for a new stove, I guess.
does your stove have a hopper safety switch. They go bad from time to time

Its 15yrs old

Reactions: Pellet rick