Englander pdv 25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Joe294

Dec 7, 2019
Nassau ny
I have an Englander pdv 25 . It’s controlled off of a wall thermostat . I got the stove for free . Upgraded draft motor to Gleason Avery . Basically went through the entire stove . Problem I’m having is after running over night . I get that pile up of Burnt pellet lava . Stove is cleaned every week with brushes and a leaf vac . I have used different brand pellets . I still have same issue . Stove is set at 6 4 1 . I also blocked side holes in bottom of burn pot . Then removed plugs . Still no difference . My only thought is the stove isn’t designed well to run on a thermostat. Pile up might be caused by stove idling up and down . Any help would be appreciated

I suck mine out every other day. The wear plate fills up quick with ash.
If its particularly cold, Ill scoop out the excess ash from the burn pot with a paint scraper or big metal spoon to keep stove going without interruption.

Hi Joe get a copy of you owner’s manual from heatredefined.com aka ESW. Read the maintenance section, scraping the plate 2 times a day is recommended maybe more depending upon the quality of your pellets. Did the replacement motors specs match the old one? Hp? Amp draw? Rpm?

Reactions: Smokinbubba
I like mine set at 4-5-1 or 4-6-1 this decreases the pellets and increases the burn air. I have found that the middle button (air) adjustment is the best fix for lava. Bump it up one number and let it burn for 24hrs. If lava turns to fine ash, your set correctly. If not, go up another number. The first number is fuel delivery on low setting. Mine is a pilot light when stat does not call for heat. And big flames when stat calls for heat. Fine ash no matter what pellet i use. Currently green supremes.

I suck mine out every other day. The wear plate fills up quick with ash.
If its particularly cold, Ill scoop out the excess ash from the burn pot with a paint scraper or big metal spoon to keep stove going without interruption.
I vac mine out once per week. Scoop ash from burn pot twice a day using a 3/4" cake decorating steel tool thingy. Dont tell my wife. I get about a coffee cup of ash per day and a coffee can of ash per week.