Englander pellet stove 25 pdvc/55/shp-10 number setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
Hello, i have an Englander 25pdvc/55shp-10 dated 2016 (bought new last year @ HD)

Ive noticed my burn pot has too many pellets in it, what should those 3 number settings be at?

I don't know what its at right now i just know the burn pot gets too full.

Im looking for a basic normal setting and one for when it gets colder out to pump more heat. stoves qs ft isnt rating for our new bigger home.

Ty :)

I have a pdv but I think it is 461. But remember those bottom 3 buttons only effect settings 1+2 . Anything above, the board controls.

Reactions: dartfrogz
6-4-1 is factory settings. Ricks 4-6-1 should work real well for you on 1&2. As it gets colder you just need to turn up the heat on the main settings.

Ty both for the numbers. :) i just went to mess with it but... what letter should it be on? Lol

And i read somewhere here that the numbers do affect how it burns in newer stoves with higher settings?

I know some mike guy is the englander pellet stove god lol wish he could pop in and give some info.. like the 3 number settings for basic cold weather then the number settings for COLD weather and the letter it should be on and if it only works on levels 1 and 2. (Wish i could find that post where someone said mike told him it does affect stoves past 1 and 2)

Pdvc should be in D mode. If you need more heat than 9-9 @6-4-1 you can switch to C mode it will feed more fuel. There are no set numbers for heat. You will have to adjust your stove to heat your house to your comfort Level. Trial and error

I recommend calling support. Mine reset to 6-4-1, but after a call with ESW, based on living at an altitude or 6,000 feet it should be set to 4-6-1.

Personally, I found that too hot at idle, so i run it at 3-5-1, which keeps approximately those ratios in place.