Englander pellet stove issue

Cooldude48818

Apr 6, 2019
Michigan
I recently purchased an englander 55-shssp01 from a friend of mine that’s contacted the repair line a few times and replaced parts with no help. So he gave up on it lol. The issue seems to be after about 15 minutes, the exhaust blower seems to kick down and the flame becomes lazy. Pressing the off button kicks blower back into high, and press on again and fire comes back as it should. But this happens every 15 minutes. My friend was told to replace the vacuum switch and the exhaust blower motor but that did not fix the issue. Any help is appreciated.

Cooldude48818

Apr 6, 2019
Michigan
New bit of information. When the exhaust fan kicks down and spinning slowly, the pellets are still dropping. If i press the off button to turn unit off then turn it back on again, the exhaust fan goes back to normal operation. Maybe the control board it going out? This is a fairly new unit with very low hours on it.

bob bare

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2013
park county montana
New bit of information. When the exhaust fan kicks down and spinning slowly, the pellets are still dropping. If i press the off button to turn unit off then turn it back on again, the exhaust fan goes back to normal operation. Maybe the control board it going out? This is a fairly new unit with very low hours on it.
I really do not know the englander control boards,but kinda looks like the programming in your board may be corrupted,if the sensor is OK.

Cooldude48818

Apr 6, 2019
Michigan
I see there is a USB port on the side. Anyone know of a way to hookup to this?? Really don’t wanna spend the $320 on a new control board if I don’t need it. I’ll order the sensor cause it’s cheap and see if that helps.

Cooldude48818

Apr 6, 2019
Michigan
Nothing in manual about the sub port. Pretty vague instructions altogether. My buddy bought it back in Jan of 2017 so no not for anything important anymore.

Cooldude48818

Apr 6, 2019
Michigan
Ok. Got new sensor and still the blower kicks down after 15 minutes. I’m at a loss here. It still drops pellets and the flame just burns in the pot. You get the same effect if you unplug the unit. About the only thing left is control board.

Cooldude48818

Apr 6, 2019
Michigan
What do you mean bottom 3 settings? It’s got a thermostat unit mounted on top of pellet stove. You can press the up and down arrows together and it switches it from auto to manual mode and then there is a on button and off button.

Cooldude48818

Apr 6, 2019
Michigan
Another bit of info tho. It runs for exactly 10 minutes before the blower kicks down. About a 30 seconds after blower kicks down, the pellets stop feeding. Then after the fire goes out and 5 minutes pass it starts dropping pellets and then ignites again but the blower still runs slow and the fire goes out again. This thing is driving me crazy lol

BUBIBEAR

Burning Hunk
Oct 18, 2010
central maine
Call Englander help line and speak to Eric .He should be able to help you out .

BUBIBEAR

Burning Hunk
Oct 18, 2010
central maine
It's a great stove .Bought mine in 2015 ,an it's the best so far . Mike is pretty busy . But Eric can help you out .Call first thing in the morning ,less of a wait . Good luck .

Cooldude48818

Apr 6, 2019
Michigan
I just talked with Eric. Got right thru and he called me back in 10 minutes. Great customer service. I ordered a new control board as we entered the diagnostic mode and everything tested out fine so he believes it’s bad programming. Here’s to hoping he’s right lol.

BUBIBEAR

Burning Hunk
Oct 18, 2010
central maine
Glad you got some answers from the right source Have a good day and enjoy your stove .

Cooldude48818

Apr 6, 2019
Michigan
Well we are gonna hope for this to be the fix as it even stumped him. He’s never heard of one doing that either lol. I’m sure since everything else is new or has been replaced it’s the only thing left.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
If the previous owner of the stove did not have a real good surge protector like a “Tripp Lite” Brand plugged into the stove then I suspect the control panel is flaky?

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH