Englander pvd 25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribcage

Nov 9, 2014
Massachuse
I have not purchased my pellets for this upcoming winter but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I have an older 2005 Englander pvd 25 and in the past have used New england pellets however last year they were out and had to try their counter part. I have also used home depot pellets and all seem to leave a large amount of ash as well as blackness on the door. Any recommendations?

Home Depot in Thunder Bay, Ontario brought in some Lacretes ... seemed to have some for this year but it may be old stock. Were the pellets from home Depot their a "brand" or just bagged specifically for them? UPC codes could give you a clue to the actual manufacturer
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/need-some-help-getting-upc-codes-of-the-pellet-bags.113612/

Blackness on the door ... tar-like substance or dark ash? Settings? Gaskets on the door and hopper (if it has one) in good shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.