Englander Smartstove keeps going into FS shutdown mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gaglia17

Jan 5, 2023
Mastic,NY
My Englander Smartstove keeps going into FS shutdown mode after a few hours, I would reset the stove and then it will run for hours again...This started happening a few weeks ago. Last week I was home from work all week and had the stove running all day everyday and there were no issues. Now this week the issues are back..the pellets are feeding and the flame seems fine.. Someone please help!!

Welcome to the forum
From the manual
Unit Shuts Down in 15‐20 minutes with an "FS" code on control board. (Failed Start) 1. Loose thermal sensor. 1. Check both sides of thermal sensor connection (exhaust blower and control board). 2. Control board settings. 2. Start stove on minimum Heat Range 5 to ensure a good fire is started. 3. Failure to light pellets. 3. Check igniter for buildup or failure.

If you do not have a manual here is one

Welcome to the forum
From the manual
Unit Shuts Down in 15‐20 minutes with an "FS" code on control board. (Failed Start) 1. Loose thermal sensor. 1. Check both sides of thermal sensor connection (exhaust blower and control board). 2. Control board settings. 2. Start stove on minimum Heat Range 5 to ensure a good fire is started. 3. Failure to light pellets. 3. Check igniter for buildup or failure.

If you do not have a manual here is one
it does not shut off after 15-20 minutes...it could be hours or even days when I get the FS code..it is not consistent which makes it very hard to pinpoint the problem