Englander stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

camdids

Just as an interest and further education, I have a question on an issue with a friend's Englander stove.
I dont have the model but its a few years old. He had a real lazy flame. Showed me a video. I suggested bad airflow, possibly a blockage. He re cleaned and it seemed to be a bit better but returned to a lazy flames a while later. He contacted a dealer who had him shut the stove off and on restart, hold two buttons. Said he had an A showing and was told it should be a P and C. Told it was the wrong circuit board. Previous owner maybe. What was happening if its a wrong board. Is the A for a wood stove.

On england stoves with dual augers, they all use the same control board. The tech had him check the “mode” it was in,there is four A, B, C, D. If the stove is a25-pdvc it should be in D mode. The 25-pdv should be C mode.

Procedure to check the setting:

•Turn off stove
•Unplug it for a few seconds
•Plug back in
•Immediately press and hold the up and down arrows for the blower, then release.

You should see a letter in the window. You can change that by the arrows below it

There is a burn pot mod for the 2 stoves that allow them to burn much better. And they are really picky about being clean!