Englander stove questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Veruka1973

Sep 27, 2019
Missouri
Hello. I bought a used pellet stove today. I started it up and everything works but the heat blower didn't come on., the exhaust blower did. This is my first pellet stove and I'm a woman so be gentle lol. I do not have it fully installed I just plugged it in amd started it up on the back porch to be sure its working before I haul it inside.
Its a englander model 25-pdvc/55-shp10
Should the fan that blows heat into the house come on when I turn the controls on or does it have to reach a specific temperature?
Another thing is in the back of the stove where all of the parts are in the bottom right side there is a round plastic looking thing with a hose attached to a nipple thingy, the hose is cracked and needs replaced. But there is another nipple thingy there without a hose. What is that? I can't even find a diagram to show what it is to see if it needs two hoses and where they go.
I downloaded the user manual but did not find anything helpful.
Thank you!

Welcome to the forums Varuka. Yes the hoses should be replaced, or at least trim the ends. There are 2 vacuum switches they are connected to, 1 goes to the back of the fire box and the other goes to the exhaust (combustion motor housing). The convection blower will not turn on untill the stove reaches a cirtain temp. If you could post some pictures we can point out where thing need to be.

Reactions: Pellet rick