Englander tech support

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Presa canario

Hearth Supporter
Oct 6, 2009
Central, pa
Just wanted to say that I couldn't have asked for anything better. My 10-cpm air pump most have had a bad bearring. Called tech support and 2 days later new pump arrived. Took 15 minutes to install and it is sounding and putting out heat like it's supposed to!

Really couldn't have asked for anything better!!! Sure glad I picked this company. Just wanted to state my satisfaction!!!

Glad to hear that Mike & his crew got you back up and running...they're a good bunch. Now, sit back and enjoy the heat! :)

That is exactly a good reason to buy an Englander. I just wish they would sell stoves to Hearth Retailers at the same cost they do to Home Depot and allow us to pass all customer service on to them.

Franks said:
That is exactly a good reason to buy an Englander. I just wish they would sell stoves to Hearth Retailers at the same cost they do to Home Depot and allow us to pass all customer service on to them.

I`d have to think they are comfortable in the highly enviable position there are already in.
Probably with less headaches in the niche they seem to have carved out and have an exclusive hold on. They also supply the line to the True Value hardware chain and God knows how many others.
They also wouldn`t be able to produce enough without substantial tooling up and that could do them in.

Gio said:
Franks said:

I`d have to think they are comfortable in the highly enviable position there are already in.
Probably with less headaches in the niche they seem to have carved out and have an exclusive hold on. They also supply the line to the True Value hardware chain and God knows how many others.
They also wouldn`t be able to produce enough without substantial tooling up and that could do them in.

True, Gio, true..but one can still wish!

Franks said:

Yep, a stove dealers dream....sell as many stoves as you can, but never have to deal with customer again. :cheese:

Wait, that seems to be what a lot of them do NOW. :mad:

macman said:
Franks said:

Yep, a stove dealers dream....sell as many stoves as you can, but never have to deal with customer again. :cheese:

A lot of them Mac..but not all. There is still a core of Hearth Retailers who enjoy the trade and understand that keeping a customer happy is the key to an enjoyable business.

Franks said:
A lot of them Mac..but not all. There is still a core of Hearth Retailers who enjoy the trade and understand that keeping a customer happy is the key to an enjoyable business.

Yes Franks, I understand that, and agree.

Unfortunately, that places them in with the likes of new & used car salesman.....they love seeing you come in the door, but after the sale, they try to avoid you like the plague.

Being lumped in with that group isn't what I'd want if I were in the stove business.

macman said:
Franks said:

Sounds like macman may have had an issue with a stove dealer in his past.

There are many good ones out there. But you have to do your homework.

There is one place I personal wound not buy any thing from ever again! Left me out in the cold.(pun intended!)

Franks sounds like he has the right idea on how to take care of a costumer! 3 cheers to all the good ones!

Franks said:
Gio said:
Franks said:

True, Gio, true..but one can still wish!

Obviously you have a good business sense Franks . It`s all about doing business and building a returning customer base. You could probably keep a couple guys busy just to service them. Not saying they need constant repair but there are a lot of em out there , and you guys ARE in that business. As I said in threads past those dealers who refuse to service what they don`t sell are missing a great opportunity to get that potential customer`s attention / appreciation / confidence / loyalty in or out of the showroom and show him your higher grade stoves. I`ll bet a large percentage of people do indeed upgrade at some point.

Franks said:

From what I've seen Home Depot is cutting back on the Englanders. Haven't even seen them there lately. Now they're pushing Magnums.

joefraser said:
Franks said:

From what I've seen Home Depot is cutting back on the Englanders. Haven't even seen them there lately. Now they're pushing Magnums.
I noticed the same thing at my local H.D

joefraser said:
Franks said:

The competition should benefit the consumer but the Magnums seem to be higher priced. I wonder what level of support the Magnum people are going to provide. They are going to have to be good to beat Englander.
Sometimes it`s better to deal with the devil you know than the one you don`t.

Odd, my local Home Cheapo is still all Englanders......

Are you sure they're Magnums?

Bought my Timber Line in the beginning of October @ a Canadian Tire Store locally. For those of you in the U.S., Canadian Tire is similar to H/D or Lowes. The stove has been absolutely great since I installed it. 2 days ago, it started to act up i.e. it would run for hours on end and then just quit burning and go out with no Error Codes or anything. It happened 3 times in the last 2 days. Got on the telephone this a.m. and spoke to a tech @ Englander. He was extremely helpful and totally customer friendly. He walked me through my problem and had me up and running while he was still on the line. The stove is just purring since this A.M. Englander has my vote, Their stove may not be top of the line, but does eveything you would expect for the price, Their service rivals anything I have seen in recent times. Kudos to Mike and his crew, especially Lenny who could not have been any better to deal with. Thanks ENGLANDER, you are a 1st Class Company.

Status
Not open for further replies.