Englander top auger issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas043009

Nov 24, 2015
Massachusetts
New to this site and to the pellet stove technical difficulties so please bare with me. I have a englander pellet stove (think it's a 2004) as a secondary source of heat so used very seldomly for the past 4 years (about 30 bags a winter). Went to start the stove today and ran about 15-20 mins, once reaching operating temperature the the control panel "on" light goes off and the blower setting stays light up displaying "9". The bottom auger keeps turning but the top auger stops and blower doesn't turn on. No buttons respond to my touch except when I press and hold the on button the top auger does turn until I stop pressing it. I was thinking vacuum switch? I already cleaned out the flue so not clogged there. I unplugged the stove from the wall for about 15 mins and kept the fire going to keep it hot by hand feeding it pellets, turned the stove back on and the blower and stove instantly started (top auger still not turning) but control panel was still only showing the blower speed and unresponsive to my touch besides holding down the on button to turn the top auger. Anyone else experience this? Or can help? Please and thank you in advance!

This week will be very slow on members posting, have patience, the experts will reply.
I am not an expert!
The upper auger turns on and off intermittently. It will NOT turn if the hopper is open due to safety reasons.
The blower setting of 9 may be too high. What are the lower three settings? Experts will chime in on these.

Bill

I spent most of the night smoking meat and like most others are off to Grammas.
Best attack would be to read the manual. I would suspect vac leak as you said as the stove is more than five years old. Most door gaskets compress and need replacement at around 5 years. Very easy project and a kit with adhesive is only $10. Would suggest getting a kit that is graphite impregnated. For a very short term one can take a pliers and squeeze the gasket to try and plump it up.
Welcome and good luck.

Thank for the replies and suggestions...was looking for the vacuum switch but I might have gotten the year wrong so might have to call englander and provide the serial # to get the proper date since I can't read the stamp on it. I will def get a new gasket and give it a shot as well ...thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.