Enviro EF3 going out / Auger not feeding if hopper is full

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Estarrio

Nov 15, 2007
Mass / RI
I wonder if the motor is going after five years of being my primary heat source?

As my problem is intermittent, it has me slightly perplexed.

The auger is not making any unusual noise. I've made sure to thoroughly remove any fines, etc. When the hopper is full, the green auger light comes on but pellets do not come out in time. This has been causing the stove to burn out.

When I empty to the hopper, it seems to work perfectly. I can then fill the hopper to 1/2 or 3/4 and have no issues. However, if I fill it I run into issues again! Is it the weight of the pellets?

I started having issues at the end of last season. After a thorough cleaning, I started this season fine but seem to be having the problems again now.

I appreciate any feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.