Charger66 Posted By Charger66, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:05 AM

1. Charger66

Charger66
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2017
    Loc:
    Amsterdam, NY
    Hello everyone, My Dial-A-Fire switch crapped out yesterday. I can get one online for around $70.. My question is this, Has any of you substituted a different Potentiometer type switch for this one? If so which did you use and where did you get it and part number please? Thanks for looking guys.

2. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Can you read any numbers or letters on the back side of your switch. How many wires?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Charger66

Charger66
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2017
    Loc:
    Amsterdam, NY
    I can't read any numbers, I am legally blind, but there are only two wires running trom it. Thanks ror the reply.

4. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Without knowing who what where its hard to say. I don’t have a stove like yours so ihave no reference. It don’t sound like a bad price. And for operations to be uninterrupted i would go with a known new one

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Charger66

Charger66
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2017
    Loc:
    Amsterdam, NY
    Ok Thanks for the reply.

6. bill3rail

bill3rail
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 12, 2012
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    If you can bring it to an electronic supply, they should be able to match it up.
    Not too many are that unique and can not be replaced by a different manufacturer's potentiometer.

Bill

7. Charger66

Charger66
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2017
    Loc:
    Amsterdam, NY
    Thanks Bill

8. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
  9. Charger66

Charger66
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2017
    Loc:
    Amsterdam, NY
    Thanks, I have the owners and the service manuals for this stove on my computer.