Enviro Fire EF-III i Bay Auger Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ghdino

Feb 15, 2020
Ontario
I have a Enviro Fire EF III i Bay pellet stove. When I first light stove the auger won't feed pellets after about 30 minutes of hand feeding pellets it works fine. I had a dealer come and look at and they replaced both upper and lower bushings as well as the motor but still doesn't work properly. Any help would be great. Thanks

When you start the stove does it feed pellets for about 15 min? Fire starts then stop feeding
and you have to hand feed for a while before it will feed itself. Do you close the door between each handfull of pellets?
What year is the stove?

When you start the stove does it feed pellets for about 15 min? Fire starts then stop feeding
and you have to hand feed for a while before it will feed itself. Do you close the door between each handfull of pellets?
What year is the stove?
Yes exactly. Yes I close the door each time after hand feeding pellets. I bought the stove new in 1999 but in doesn't get used very often it's just a heat source for our basement which we don't use often. Thanks for the reply.

When was the last time the stove was disassembled and cleaned
Combustion fan cleaned the brick panel removed and the panels behind it.
removed and cleaned?
The exhaust pipe and chimney cleaned?

When was the last time the stove was disassembled and cleaned
Combustion fan cleaned the brick panel removed and the panels behind it.
removed and cleaned?
The exhaust pipe and chimney cleaned?
Just gave all the above a good cleaning in the fall of 2019.

Take the proof of fire switch off (Exhaust Temp Sensor)
and clean the underside reinstall
Try your stove
Or you can jump the wires and try the stove
I have a feeling the disc make have a covering of ash on it
Ash is a great insulator
Ghdnio whereabouts in Ont. are you

Yup if the stove runs for 15 mins and then the auger stops. The only thing is the proof of fire switch. Its either dirty or bad. They rarely go bad, so it more than likely is dirty. Its just as fast to take it out and clean as it is to jump it.

Take the proof of fire switch off (Exhaust Temp Sensor)
and clean the underside reinstall
Try your stove
Or you can jump the wires and try the stove
I have a feeling the disc make have a covering of ash on it
Ash is a great insulator
Ghdnio whereabouts in Ont. are you
I took the panels off again and gave the stove a thorough cleaning and also took the exhaust temp sensor out and cleaned.
The sensor did have a layer of ash built up on it so cleaned and reinstalled. Still won't feed after a few minutes of burning. Do I disconnect the 2 brown wire and join together bypassing the switch? I live near Port Hope.

Yes try putting the 2 wires together and see if it will run.
Just to make sure the stove starts normally when you press the start switch
auger control at or past 12oclock, the auger light flashes with each pulse
the fire starts and after 15 min it auger stops and the fire goes out
am I correct ?

Ghdino were you able to get the stove to run?

Ghdino were you able to get the stove to run?
Sorry been away. No still not working correctly. So I jumpered the 2 brown wires and the same thing happens. The fire will burn down almost to the point of going out then it will feed pellets for a couple minutes then again stops feeding pellets to the point of almost going out again. Keeps repeating the same thing so it never really gets going. I have the auger feed as high as it will go and the green light flashes every 1 second.

I just disconnected the vacuum hose from the vacuum switch and blew through hose now the green light is solid and stove isn't feeding pellets at all and fire has gone out.

Which way did you blow
From the vac. switch to the stove?
from the stove to the vac. switch?
Did you put the wires on the same connectors as they were removed from?

I just disconnected the vacuum hose from the vacuum switch and blew through hose now the green light is solid and stove isn't feeding pellets at all and fire has gone out.
I'm an idiot when I replaced the hose I had on the bottom port of vacuum switch not the top. Will see what happens.

Can you hear the auger motor run with every flash of the green light?
if so is the auger itself moving. Check the tightness of the auger flange bolt
use I believe a 5/16 wrench

Which way did you blow
From the vac. switch to the stove?
from the stove to the vac. switch?
Did you put the wires on the same connectors as they were removed from?
I blew from the switch to the stove. I didn't remove the wires from the vacuum switch. I still have the wires jumpered at the exhaust sensor.

Can you hear the auger motor run with every flash of the green light?
if so is the auger itself moving. Check the tightness of the auger flange bolt
use I believe a 5/16 wrench
The guy's who came to replace the bushings from the stove repair company bolted the motor back on so not sure but would assume they knew what they were doing but obviously I should assume anything because stove still not working after they left. I will turn off stove and check their work. Thanks for all your help I will get back to you.