Enviro FPI #4 Flash - Shuts down all new parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phil san

Jul 15, 2008
South Shore, MA
Enviro FPI 8 years old. Starts up fine, runs on #2 setting, after a while #4 light flashes which stops pellets.
Flame dies down, flashing stops and flame resumes with pellets feeding.
Last year replaced both blowers, auger, vacuum switch,both snap disks, new door seal. Toward end of winter the #4 flash started. This fall control board would not allow switching between heat settings so just replaced with the new upgraded board kit.
Have jumped out the high heat sensor and today cleaned the chimney liner from top down (24" outside brick chimney with 4" SS liner to top ).Blowers are clean and functioning.
It seems as though when the flame rises on an increased drop of pellets it stops the feed as an overheat
situation.I have the red push button high temp switch totally disconnected and leads jumped.

Another post stated Enviro switched the #2 and #4 leds so that #4 is high heat.

So today after a total clean of chimney and stove. #4 flashes, pellets stop and stove starts a shutdown.

Going nuts and winter is here.

Don't know if you have wandered through this manual yet
http://enviro.com/custom_content/docs/manuals/C-12145 Instruction PELLET Service Manual.pdf

#4 is an open high limit per the manual ... can't remember which stove they switched the wiring on.

Also could be hopper lid switch ... I know the lever on the microswitch for mine sometimes misses contact and shuts down the auger.

Have you tried a hard reset by unplugging and letting it sit for a bit?

PS Looks like there is some wiring connection between high temp and hopper lid switch per the wiring schematic...

Last edited:
Don't know if you have wandered through this manual yet
http://enviro.com/custom_content/docs/manuals/C-12145 Instruction PELLET Service Manual.pdf

#4 is an open high limit per the manual ... can't remember which stove they switched the wiring on.

Also could be hopper lid switch ... I know the lever on the microswitch for mine sometimes misses contact and shuts down the auger.

Have you tried a hard reset by unplugging and letting it sit for a bit?

Yes have the manual, in fact know it by heart. No hopper switch on this model. Yes, unplugged for a hard reset. BUT I JUST THOUGHT OF A POSSIBILITY BUT TOO TIRED TO CONTINUE TONIGHT.
Looked at my old vacuum switch and stamped on it is " do not mount with this side up". Never noticed before and if my memory serves me for some reason I mounted the new vac sw horizontally!! Praying that is it.
Tomorrow.
WP_20161114_19_48_01_Pro_LI.jpg

Hope you've got it .... good luck on that. Let us know.
FIXED and running fine. Never in my life would it occur to me that mounting the vacuum switch upside down renders it inoperable!
Vacuum hose had split at one end so cut off the bad part. Hose was to short, so mounted in a way it would fit (upside down).
Never saw the label. Reversed and installed longer hose today - all set.
When you think you know all there is to know -Geees it's just 3 motors and a couple of safety switches!!!

FIXED and running fine. Never in my life would it occur to me that mounting the vacuum switch upside down renders it inoperable!
Vacuum hose had split at one end so cut off the bad part. Hose was to short, so mounted in a way it would fit (upside down).
When you think you know all there is to know -Geees it's just 3 motors and a couple of safety switches!!!

And they can do weird and wonderful things
just to fiddle with your head

Glad everything is in up and running ... fairly simple bits and pieces inside but one slip up and you're pulling your hair;)

Status
Not open for further replies.