Enviro M55 auger cover plate/magnehelic reading

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnh

May 3, 2014
seacoast-nh
All,
I noticed that the auger cover plate on my M55 was fastened very low, restricting pellet consumption. It came from the dealer that way, also came with the upgraded blower. I have read the older posts concerning this, and I was wondering if it was O.K. to raise it a little, allowing more heat per setting and enjoying a larger flame. If I can do this, does the slider damper have to readjusted after a magnehelic check? I do not have a magnehelic, but I suppose I can borrow one from a coworker. The thing is, I don't like to mess with things, but I would like to enjoy a little more flame height. It definitely does not look like some of the videos I have seen. Thank you,
John

I'm not familiar with the auger cover plate on M55, but my same-burn-setup Maxx-M allows quite a bit of feed adjustment through the control board. I'd start with a "+1" there.

As focused as the documentation is on mag reading (and being worried about my very tall masonry chimney), I actually plumbed a guage permanently on my stove but have found that the flame itself tells the tale.

Good luck,
- Jeff

Hi, John, like Batchman suggest, first try the Feed Rate on the control board. Then look at the brands of pellets you are using, some give small flames. Try a brand you know is good and gives a big flame.

Also, I have never used a mag to dial in the stove. I have always eyed-ball the flame like the Enviro videos suggest. It has worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.