Enviro M55 new Error 3 situation. Possibly a Gremlin?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DevinM88

May 3, 2010
Western MA
Good day folks! I'd like to think that I'm pretty familiar with my 2009 Free Standing/Steel Enviro M55. I've basically seen all Error flashing's, but today's a new experience. 95% of the time, the stove is set at "1", always Premium Pellets, and Operation on "Manual". So, the error message is flashing #3, however, the #1 setting is on and SOLID, and the stove is running. Last week I fell asleep infront of the stove (man-town basement) and woke up when the stove turned off...Flashing #3, opened the hopper, still 1/2 full, closed it, then suddenly the stove restarted by itself without me touching the On/Off button. I only lifted the hopper lid, and then closed it. The magnet thingy appears to be working properly, as I hear the "click" when I close the lid. I'm at a loss.
History: 3rd Convection fan (Ugh), 2nd combustion blower, Ash pan empty. Hopper door, Ash door, and Fire door all closed solidly. I have not changed the rope on any of the doors, so that could be a possible culprit...unsure.

For a flashing #3 Heat Level Light (indicates exhaust temperature sensor is not at operating temperature) check the following • Make sure there are pellets in the hopper. • Make sure burn pot liner is positioned correctly and clean. • If #3 light continues to flash contact your dealer or your service technician. Per Google search

Reactions: DevinM88
It's funny, when I opened the door, the pot was full, and steeped up to the exit channel of the hopper. I didn't touch anything, since I'm right in from of it (watching hockey), and the stove finally shut it sell off. I'll do another cleaning, figures crossed.

Is that your 3 wheeler? That thing will fly!

Why yes it is! I've got that 350X for me, and my wife has a 200X.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABusWrench
Make sure to scrape the burn pot and liner, to remove any buildup that might be affecting airflow. Make sure all holes are unclogged. Not sure about the M55, but my Enviro burnpot has hooks that slot into a ledge in the burn chamber. There are also two holes that fit over the ignitor and the air intake. The holes in the pot have to be fitted properly over the two tubes, and the hooks on the pot have to be properly seated in the slots, or there will be problems. Also make sure the liner is properly seated in the pot. This should eliminate most problems.

Thanks all. I've done everything y'all have suggested. I did a deep cleaning on the stove, checked all gaskets, and even hired a chimney sweep to clean from the exhaust pipe and up. Looks great. So...I go to turn the stove on, and it immediately flashes a #2 code. The room fan went on immediately tool. Unsure what the issue is, possibly the exhaust sensor need cleaning or replacement. Is there a way for me to test the sensor, or if even for a second, jump the wires without involving the sensor to see if the store would start without the #2 error code? Thanks again!

Just a fyi on your pellets.... just because they say premium does not mean squat... I have had premium pellet's that were so bad could not keep store lit and heat output when it was on was sad to say the least.. best thing to do is grab a few bags of each brand in your area and see what works best for your stove... you may be surprised... I was i found a pellet that burns hot and clean and was $3 cheaper a bag compared to the premium and platinum pellets. I now know at my local dealer what ill buy they have 3 different brands that i will buy 2 in a pinch. If they are out of all of them ill just turn the furnace on as the rest are garbage and not worth it

could be a few things, i dealt with this on my windsor model...

-- Are there any pinch points, breaks, blockages, or damage in the vacuum hose?

-- Is there a blockage in hose barb on exhaust channel?

-- Is there a blockage in the exhaust/venting system?

-- There may be severe negative pressure in area where unit is installed

Attachments

• 1a1.png
    1a1.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 1a2.png
    1a2.png
    187.9 KB · Views: 111