Enviro Maxx - 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jgreco

Dec 11, 2022
Upstate New York
My pot is overflowing with pellets before ignitor lights fire and I just replace it. Everything is clean and nothing has changed. Also after it finally does light it burn for awhile maybe 45 minutes to an hour and won’t restart. The 3rd light is blinking. Thanks in advance Jerry

Did you have the burn pot out?
If it is in the wrong way or not seated
It takes a long time or will not fire pellets if in wrong
Long lip towards front
When was the last time stove was cleaned from intake (air) to exhaust termination
Flashing # 3 could be too cold a fire to keep 120 deg snap disc closed
remove it and clean poss covered it ash (ash is the best heat insulator)
Welcome to the forum

Reactions: rich2500
Did you have the burn pot out?
If it is in the wrong way or not seated
It takes a long time or will not fire pellets if in wrong
Long lip towards front
When was the last time stove was cleaned from intake (air) to exhaust termination
Flashing # 3 could be too cold a fire to keep 120 deg snap disc closed
remove it and clean poss covered it ash (ash is the best heat insulator)
Welcome to the forum
Hi Johneh I have done all of that and found the hi-temperature sensor was just barely touching the metal. Don't know if that's the problem or not. Also, when cleaning I did find the exhaust temperature sensor coated with black hard soot. I don't know if this is why the pot is overfilling with pellets before lighting.

Reactions: rich2500
With the Maxx, sometimes the air shutter open too far can cause a long time to ignite. Check that too. If POF snapdisc was coated in black hard soot, sounds like stove is running cool, are the pellets up to snuff? That can cause ignition issues too. Maxx is a heat beast, I always found about an 1.5" of silver shutter showing out of side to be best air spot. Maxx is one Enviro that shutter needs to be set good... Good luck with her.