Enviro Maxx Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Indes

Sep 18, 2016
Kootenays
Hey all,

I appreciate the replies to my last thread.

I am currently installing an Enviro Maxx with the HDK on order (should be here in 2 weeks).
Everything is set and running but I'm not exactly sure how I should duct this thing.

Should I tie into the existing ductwork? (Return air or Heat side?)
Should I cut in new registers?

Attached is a picture of my house and how it is currently ducted. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

idyopj.jpg

Your best bet is to wait on the installation manual
It will tell you what is necessary and how . Don't
jump the gun and start cutting holes until you have
read the manual it will save you a whole lot of grief
Rain in the excitement . ;lol
By the way congratulations on the new stove

Lol definitely tough to reign it in!

I have looked at the manual and it does recommend just to connect to 2 registers,
I'll have to call the inspector and see if I would be able to tie into my air return.

Ideally I would like to tie into my air return ducting, seal those ducts off from the existing furnace and then open the
return air plenum (is 6' from my pellet stove) and use it to distribute the radiant heat from the stove around the house.

Not sure if that is feasible...or up to code.

I have no experience with pellet furnaces but I did install a coal furnace in my old house and tied it into the existing oil fired hot air furnace ducting. One duct into cold air return and one into main warm supply main. I can tell you from personal experience that the house was never warmer. Unfortunately, coal is a little more finicky than pellets and after three seasons I went back to oil. Good luck.