Enviro Maxx-M newbie Up and Running (Pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Hour

Jan 24, 2013
Maine
Got the Maxx-M installed and running 11:30 am Friday so it been running almost 36 hours now.

photo_zps4f3d9a0b.jpg

photo_zpscdc19e1b.jpg

photo_zps9cc45cc5.jpg

This stove is a beast and can really crank some heat. Being a complete newbie at running a/any pellet stove, so far everthing appears to be running smoothly.

Thank You to everyone that helped me out here: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/pellet-stove-homework-help-me-out-guys.104313/

Reactions: smoke show
That is an awesome heater.

Congrats on the install...

Although heating from the basement can be a challenge. Some have done it with ease. Some not.

That's a nice stove. I just hope you get as much heat out of it as you planned, since you installed it in an unfinished basement. That bare concrete walls, floor, and stone will suck a LOT of heat up.

I think with a-little fine tuning this beast will heat my house pretty well. Night #1 was 30* outside and I ran the stove on setting #3 and my 1st. floor was 69* and the 2nd floor was 67* when we got up. The stove is running better now, after I figured the burn pot agitator was not installed all the way and wasn't scrapping the burn pot.

Congrats it looks nice but such a shame it's banished to the
lonely basement. (I saw your install thread so I know why but still stinks)

It's not lonely at all, I've been spendy plenty of time with it Xena ;)

Mines in basement with ducting and
Fans in the ducts ..
I don't understand how he's getting heat
Upstairs!!!

Very Nice! How warm is the basement? I own a basement dweller too, Stove did very well until the temps dropped below 20 ::F.Ducting the heat upstairs was as close as I could get to moving the stove where we wanted the heat.

Seems like its doing OK, But I wouldn't get to happy just yet. The colder it gets the harder it seems to move the heat upstairs without assisting it some how. Keep us posted

Mines in basement with ducting and
Fans in the ducts ..
I don't understand how he's getting heat
Upstairs!!!

Sweets, I didn't know the Eco 45 had duct options?

This stove has duct options like the Eco 65. And the other thread he posted the link to has details where he will add the ducting if needed. Pretty sure once it gets cold he will be heading down that road. We already informed him of the benefits of the ducting can offer.

Reactions: gbreda
You guys are correct about when it gets colder :( but so far the heat pump has not run. For now I'm gonna learn how to run the stove, try some different pellets (think this stove will eat pretty much anything) , and then figure out how to bet even more heat to the 1st floor.

@ Sweets You got pics? Would love to see your set-up.

@ jtakeman 34* outside and snowing this morning. Bedroom was 69* (with door closed), 1st floor was 69-70*, basement 80* when I got up. Stove running on Heat level #3 and Feed Rate on #2.

The stove didn't have duct option .
I took front knob off , slipped a piece
Of copper pipe over rod sticking out
Then took front grate off front and
The ducting sits on rod .

I have burned some pretty horrid crap in mine. She eat what you want to put in it. She wont whine, fuss or squabble at all. You will be the picky one(heat mostly). ;)

With the burn pot agitator, there is no ash/clinker build up what so ever. Guess I'll have to try and see what happens, lol. Gonna have to try a few bags of Green Supremes from HD, only $209.00/ton if I like them.

The green supreme seems to be reAl good
This year that's what a guy said up the road.
So I tried them , not bad , black soots
But not a lot..

With the burn pot agitator, there is no ash/clinker build up what so ever. Guess I'll have to try and see what happens, lol. Gonna have to try a few bags of Green Supremes from HD, only $209.00/ton if I like them.

I didn't get a lot of heat from the GS. Ash was fine and she eat them with no issue. Keep an eye out for Pres-to-logs and Fireside Ultra's. I got nice heat from them. Us basement dwellers need every BTU we can get from the economy pellets. Otherwise you'll need to jack up the heat level to 4 and feed rate to 4 or 5. The pellets disappear real fast on heat level 4(2 plus bags a day easy)!

I'm the 1 that had the broken plastic fans
In the motor area , they shredded to pieces,
It was warranted so then that 1 went and
I got a replacement motor online and the
Fan blades r now metal on my Drolet

I didn't get a lot of heat from the GS. Ash was fine and she eat them with no issue. Keep an eye out for Pres-to-logs and Fireside Ultra's. I got nice heat from them. Us basement dwellers need every BTU we can get from the economy pellets. Otherwise you'll need to jack up the heat level to 4 and feed rate to 4 or 5. The pellets disappear real fast on heat level 4(2 plus bags a day easy)!

Oh my god , that's to many bags , cranked up I
Only go threw 1 1/2 bag a day

View attachment 94816securedownload-14.jpg
You guys are correct about when it gets colder :( but so far the heat pump has not run. For now I'm gonna learn how to run the stove, try some different pellets (think this stove will eat pretty much anything) , and then figure out how to bet even more heat to the 1st floor.

@ Sweets You got pics? Would love to see your set-up.

@ jtakeman 34* outside and snowing this morning. Bedroom was 69* (with door closed), 1st floor was 69-70*, basement 80* when I got up. Stove running on Heat level #3 and Feed Rate on #2.

View attachment 94816

We have a lot of basement dwellers in this group. Seems we all have to cheat like heck to get the heat where we really want it.

Maybe we should start our own club as many call us odd for trying or misfits per say! May they all check in to wish a new member to the basement crowd "good fortune"! ::-)

whats your stove look like ,the eco 65??
We have a lot of basement dwellers in this group. Seems we all have to cheat like heck to get the heat where we really want it.

Maybe we should start our own club as many call us odd for trying or misfits per say! May they all check in to wish a new member to the basement crowd "good fortune"! ::-)

Do you have pic of your stove??

Status
Not open for further replies.