Enviro Meridian fan speed question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJDave

Nov 20, 2014
Wa State
Hi again. Hope this isn't a silly question as I'm still new to pellet stoves. Second season with my freestanding Enviro Meridian. Bought new and professionally installed last year.

When starting the stove, the convention fan turns on after a good flame is established. Fan speed seems to be on the high setting. After the start up period ends, the fan kicks down to low. The fan will only blow harder if I increase the heat setting. I usually run on heat setting 2. Set on manual.

All the "fan" button does is turn it on or off. I want to be able to control the fan speed myself, and be able to turn it up without dumping more pellets in the fire pot. The stove puts out plenty of heat on setting 2 and uses an acceptable amount of pellets.

So the questions: Is this normal, or should the fan button allow me to cycle through the speeds?
If it is normal, is there any safe way to modify it so I can control the fan myself?
Are all stoves like this, or did I buy the wrong one?

Thanks for any advice. Still learning as I go.

Hi again. Hope this isn't a silly question as I'm still new to pellet stoves. Second season with my freestanding Enviro Meridian. Bought new and professionally installed last year.

When starting the stove, the convention fan turns on after a good flame is established. Fan speed seems to be on the high setting. After the start up period ends, the fan kicks down to low. The fan will only blow harder if I increase the heat setting. I usually run on heat setting 2. Set on manual.

All the "fan" button does is turn it on or off. I want to be able to control the fan speed myself, and be able to turn it up without dumping more pellets in the fire pot. The stove puts out plenty of heat on setting 2 and uses an acceptable amount of pellets.

So the questions: Is this normal, or should the fan button allow me to cycle through the speeds?
If it is normal, is there any safe way to modify it so I can control the fan myself?
Are all stoves like this, or did I buy the wrong one?

Thanks for any advice. Still learning as I go.

I have the Vistaflame VF100 which is the twin of the Enviro Meridian. The convection fan speed changes only when the heat setting changes.
I don't know of any other way to change the fan speed; I hope this helps.

Reactions: TJDave
Thank you for the reply. Sounds like there is nothing wrong with my stove.
That's good I guess.
I would rather control it myself. Oh well.

Seems that many stoves are set up like this. My Castle Serenity behaves as you have described your stove, at least with the factory default settings.

Hi tj- Yes your stove is working normally. With a computer controlled stove, all will set convection blower at appropriate speed for the heat level selected. Only the analog dialed stoves (Like Enviro EF2 or 3, older napoleons etc) have independent convection and feed level analog dials. It was done that way for ease of operation, stripping appropriate amount of heat away per feed setting for better stove operability. Great choice of stove...

Hello
On the Englander stoves from Home Depot with the digital control panel you can only turn the convection fan up to 9 from the current heat setting.
On the Harman stoves you can turn the fan up or down and set it to where you want without over firing the stove like the Enviro EF-2 & 3 where you have to be more careful. :)
Also there is a High Fan button on the Breckwell digital panels for a good blast of heat at any heat level setting. :)

Last edited:
Thank you for all the feedback.
My questions have all been answered. I guess I should of asked more when I was stove shopping!!
Don2222, Breckwell's high fan button is exactly what I want. And I was even comparing the Breckwell to the Meridian side by side at the dealer. Who knew? Not me!

Status
Not open for further replies.