Enviro Milan thermostat install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

md2002

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2011
United States
Hello,

Last year I kept my stove on 24/7 once the winter really hit ( January - March) this year I would like to do the same but was thinking a thermostat may help save some pellet usage rather than having the stove on all the time. This is a 3 part question:

1) Where can I get a thermostat? I Googled the obvious and just came up with manuals and nothing came up as to where I could buy a thermostat

2) How hard or easy is it to install. I would like to save money and do it myself. I haven't looked at the manual yet because I'm at work so the instructions on how to install may be in there.

3) Is a thermostat worth having? The dealer originally told me the Tstat would kill the ignitor and he doesn't recommend them?

I'm just looking to save on pellets. Last year I used about a ton and a half of pellets from January 10th (stove was installed) to middle of March and that seemed like allot of pellets?

you can find a thermostat at a hardware or home improvemnet store no problems. Wiring it in on an Enviro is fairly easy, it is in that manual, pretty much comes down to connecting 2 wires to the control board.

Some peeps really like the thermo, to each their own. Repeat on/off cycles does fatigue the igniters, but some still last for years. Its hard to say if you'll actually use less pellets. SO many factors for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.