Enviro Mini Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

saigon71

Feb 21, 2012
westernmass
Hi Guys, the flame kept going out, so I took off the side panels and saw that the convection fan wasn't on. I ordered a new one and installed it, it worked for a few minutes and then stopped. I hooked new convection fan up to its own electricity and it is fully functional. Should I replace the control panel next or the circuit connections to the fan?

I would test and see what voltage is at the 2 wires that go to the motor first. If it is not 85vac or more I would suspect a bad control board.

Would you explain further
Does the stove start pellets drop fire starts
and after a short time, the fire goes out and the fan stops?
OR
you start the fan comes on and after a few seconds, the fan stops?

The fan does not come on when you hit the start button Correct?

In order for it to drop pellets and the ignitor to fire them, the Combustion FAN HAS TO BE ON

I would test and see what voltage is at the 2 wires that go to the motor first. If it is not 85vac or more I would suspect a bad control board.
Ok, this is very helpful, I will try this. I wired the fan separately, but the stove just shuts off, the white wire goes off to something else.

I assumed you have cleaned the unit including pulling off the exhaust motor. I do not know how old this unit is, but I pull my motor every 5 tons and I can tell the difference after it has been cleaned. Your convection fan will not come on until it hits a certain temperature. I would start by pulling the wires on the vacuum relay and close them with a male to male spade connector. If it operates then it could be the vacuum relay or you have leakage somewhere else that is causing the relay not to close. You said the ignitor is not working so I assume you are hand lighting it. How long before pellets stop dropping and the unit goes into shutdown mode?

Just want you to understand there are two fans, a combustion fan and the room air convection fan. Convection fan has nothing to do with creating a fire in the burn pot. Combustion fan comes on immediately when pellets start dropping.