Enviro Mini - tough to start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Like it Hot

Oct 26, 2008
Weymouth, MA
I have an Enviro Mini (new January 2008) the control board was replaced 6 months ago (auger would cycle erratically), but now when I try to light it the auger cycle 3 times and the system shuts off and the #2 burn control light blinks until I hit the on/off button again; sometime the process take 4-5 tries until the stove finally lights. The manual states it's a vacuum switch issue, but if the switch were faulty wouldn't that prevent the stove from ever lighting?

what I do with my stove is take a lesser quality pellet ( instant heat or PA pellets) throw 1/2 a hand full in the burn pot and then start it up. takes off with no problem.

It’s not a problem with it staying lit....once it is lit it stays on fine until I shut it down; but I'd like to use a thermostat to control it, and without being able to auto-lit, it renders the on/off thermostat setting useless

sounds like there is still an issue with the board, who replaced it, dealer or did you replace yourself?

Yeah I received my MINI like a little over a month ago when it was still warm most of the time, but I was burning a few hours a day just to make sure of any issues before the winter hit. Because it was a floor model (2005 - never burned) the only thing I noticed was some wear marks from being opened and closed allot by perspective buyers (paint scratches)

hopefully the dealer gets back to you and fixes this!

Hello

I worked on the Enviro Mini. The big problem is the port on the exhaust manifold where the vacuum switch is connected easily gets clogged. Pull off the vacuum hose and run a pipe cleaner thru this port to punch out the hardened pellet ash inside the exhuast chamber. That should fix it!

For the times that it shuts down after 3 auger cycles, are you certain that you hear the combustion fan running? If so, then cleaning the vacuum port like Don suggested is the first step.

If it is not the vacuum port and the combustion fan is running, the Honeywell vacuum switch has been know to fail. If that is good and the vacuum line is clear then the control panel is bad. It must be one of those 5 items. You can also check the Hi Limit switch too but very unlikely.

1. Combustion fan is not running and needs to be replaced.
2. Vacuum port on exhaust plenum is plugged
3. Vacuum line is plugged
4. Honeywell vacuum switch is bad
5. Control Panel is bad

what type of vent configuration do you have?

"#2 burn control light blinks"

"3. Vacuum line is plugged"

Heating with Mini since '07, #2 light and shutdown occurred twice after half dozen tons or so. Removing vacuum line and blowing it (solid packed with ash) and cleaning hose bib with paper clip cleared alarm and restored operation. Learned cause and cure on this forum. Learned leafblower trick on this forum. Learned cause of ignition failures (igniter tube slid back from burnpot on these earlier Mini stoves, not spot welded) on this forum, thanks folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.