Even Embers Pellet Chiminea

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ylomnstr

Feeling the Heat
May 28, 2008
Staatsburg, NY
Has anyone purchased one of these? I like the idea since I already use pellets for indoor heating. Not sure how much heat it would actually put out, but it's probably better than a propane fire table.

Have never seen one of those before. I always remembered seeing these advertised. I believe they are made by the family that made the Traeger pellet grills.

Has anyone purchased one of these? I like the idea since I already use pellets for indoor heating. Not sure how much heat it would actually put out, but it's probably better than a propane fire table.

I just bought one from TSC…got the $50 off plus my $20 Rewards…..$240.00. Fired it up…works good..the feeding system got stuck…but after I ran the rod up and down it worked great… I keep it at a low setting to cure the paint some..then turned it up…worked great…. The flame kept steady and was large with a nice hot color. Heat wise… you have to keep close to it…any further then 4-5 feet…the heat would be lost or weak…overall it looks great…and as heat output ….it reminds me like any outdoor wood fire . It had a pretty good pellet bin..about a 1/2 bag and lasted 4 to maybe 5 hours and that was between a low feed and then to a high feed…. Not bad. As far as smoke very little once it gets going. Very pleased with it…for the price it was a deal. Well made and weighs nearly 90 lbs…looks like 20 or 18 gauge sheetmetal…along with some plate steel parts. The glass panels did soot up some....but not bad…I am going to try some other pellets…just like a stove…you should try other brands. As far as putting it together it took my about an hour…some pics below after it was assembled In the garage…it was snowing that day here in northern Maine last week. The company does sell a factory cover with Ever Ember logos for $50.00…might order one for the spring..

IMG_3799.jpeg IMG_3800.jpeg IMG_3801.jpeg

The pellet feed is gravity fed..if you look at the inside photo you can see a fork like gate…you can raise or lower that…with the rod in the rear of the heater…this will control the pellet feed. It does have an ash pan in the rear.