EWO draft fans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know , he basically told me they really dont work that great for the smoke issues and told me to buy one of the paddle wheel designs for $100. I have double wall pipe and Im not sold on how that would work.

I thought about mounting one on my clean out tee that way if it dont work all I have to do is get a new cap for the bottom of the clean out.

I think the problem with the cleanout is it willfill with fly ash. you could get an aplliance adapter used for hooking up hot water heater to flu pipe and mount a fan in the 3 or 4 inch pipe . that way it would be on a down angle but not at the bottom of the clean out. they clamp to the side of the pipe.

Yeah I would pipe it to the chimney I just dont want to cut a hole in the insulated pipe way to expensive to be cutting holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.