Fan will not shut off after a power outage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wid

Oct 11, 2022
Fredericton, NB
I have a CB1200 pellet insert. This morning, the power went out for a few seconds at home. When the power came back on, the stove "beeped" and the fan came on. I was surprised as the stove has not been on since May. I unplugged the stove and when I plugged it back in a few hours later, the fan started up again. Any idea what the issue is or what I should do? Thanks.

The magic smoke escaped from the board
power surge blow something on the board

Reactions: Mt Bob
It is plugged into a power bar with a surge protector.
Well, make sure that no lights, inside the control box are on or blinking. If none are, and fan continues to run forever, after being plugged in, then you almost certainly need a new box. But, to be fair, these sometimes go bad with no warning, sometimes people unplug stove, clean stove, plug back in, and they fail. Sometimes it is only a relay on the board, in the box that goes bad. You could try tapping on box,while acting up, see if fan stops. If so, you may be able to have that little relay replaced.

Well, make sure that no lights, inside the control box are on or blinking. If none are, and fan continues to run forever, after being plugged in, then you almost certainly need a new box. But, to be fair, these sometimes go bad with no warning, sometimes people unplug stove, clean stove, plug back in, and they fail. Sometimes it is only a relay on the board, in the box that goes bad. You could try tapping on box,while acting up, see if fan stops. If so, you may be able to have that little relay replaced.
Thank you. We’re going to call the service guy tomorrow.

The Qudra fire stove blower will come on and run for 10 minutes every time there is a power interruption. Timer is programede into the control box.
Thank you very much for this information. We plugged it back in and let it run. After 10 minutes or so, the blower stopped.

Reactions: ARC