Favorite method to start up the stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dsullivan

Sep 2, 2017
Cornersville, TN
Not to hijack a thread(can someone point me in the direction to start a new thread) but I had some AC work done back in the spring and the guy messed something up and the blower won't kick on in my central unit now when the thermostat calls for heat. The heat is coming from my H2 Hardy which ran perfect last year and still heats my water. Any suggestions? Any Hardy Guru's here?

Likely nothing at all to do with the outdoor boiler, for the most part they are all the same and just send hot water via a pump to the house. Everyone's situation is different as to what happens to the water when it hits the house. In your case when the thermostat would kick in and call for heat it probably just called for the blower to run. Somehow your ac guy has changed something whether it was where the signal went to from the thermostat or if you have a two stage thermostat which isn't calling for heat I don't really know. Sounds like your ac guy made a mistake and owes you a service call to fix his blunder unless you feel comfortable with chasing wires and wrapping your head around how the system actually works which would be very beneficial to you to learn how your system operates.

Likely nothing at all to do with the outdoor boiler, for the most part they are all the same and just send hot water via a pump to the house. Everyone's situation is different as to what happens to the water when it hits the house. In your case when the thermostat would kick in and call for heat it probably just called for the blower to run. Somehow your ac guy has changed something whether it was where the signal went to from the thermostat or if you have a two stage thermostat which isn't calling for heat I don't really know. Sounds like your ac guy made a mistake and owes you a service call to fix his blunder unless you feel comfortable with chasing wires and wrapping your head around how the system actually works which would be very beneficial to you to learn how your system operates.

Definitely not calling that guy back, he didn't even fix the AC. Had to get someone else to do that and he wouldn't mess with the Hardy relay for some reason. I have a feeling that's all it is but not sure how it's supposed to be set up. Guess I'll find to find a schematic and try tracing wires.

Thanks,
Dewayne